Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an Application Architect.
The Application Architect, with selected focus on the Business Support System domain, will lead efforts in architecting of the company’s systems. The Application Architect will work closely with Program Management, Business Units, Development and Product Support groups to provide direction, technical decision making, standards adherence, and will ensure quality solutions are delivered on time.
Working closely with various groups, the Application Architect will guide development and delivery of strategic plans in response to business goals and roadmap. The Application Architect will achieve this by understanding business and operational processes, and strategically designing, developing, and implementing systems for enabling business processes and applications. The Application Architect will address issues of access, security, scalability, supportability and migration. This individual will act as a primary advocate for enterprise architecture methodologies and best practices.
- Facilitate the detailed design, development and implementation of business applications that conform with IT strategies and meet business needs.
- Works with business units, product development and product engineering teams on complex projects to develop architectural requirements to ensure customer satisfaction with product.
- Works with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into the company's products.
- Coordinates with application developers, managers and customer application experts to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features and to communicate architectural designs and standards.
- Drive towards an architecture that optimizes for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance and availability.
- Develop, document and keep up to date artifacts that describe our application and services architecture.
- Evaluates new technologies, techniques and solutions to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's products.
- Architects and designs complex multi-tier web applications; determines project requirements and functional specifications to ensure that client specifications are met.
- Work closely with application developers, managers and customer application experts to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features and to communicate architectural designs and standards.
- Coordinate and make formal architectural decisions for business solutions.
- Consult and oversee business demands regarding IT architecture and maintain knowledge of business processes and their evolution.
- Manage and make proposals to solve complex architectural issues that span multiple technical and business domains.
- Support strategic approaches and maintain alignment of business projects with enterprise strategic direction and application architecture.
- Assume a leadership role in establishing and insuring compliance with IT governance policies and initiatives including standards, best practices and policies.
- Document the desired future state of business application architectures and document the gaps between current and future states continually developing project team competencies.
- Design, document and drive adoption of enterprise-wide architectures and frameworks.
- Lead activities with external vendors and internal team to identify, evaluate and recommend applications, software and tools.
- Proven experience designing large and complex software architectures including web-based, composite and MVC applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with J2EE, Perl, XML, SOAP/REST, SNMP, WMI, etc.
- Experience working with waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Experience architecting solutions in two or more of the following areas: CRM, CPQ, CMS, order management, revenue management and product management.
- Proven experience integrating Cloud/SaaS solutions with hosted and custom systems.
- Working technical knowledge of multiple 3rd party solutions including Salesforce, Oracle BRM and SAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a high volume Internet, Ecommerce and mobile environment.
- Experience using BPEL, BPM, SOA and/or Enterprise Service Bus development is a plus.
- Experience using SQL with Oracle, SQL Server or other DBMS.
- Knowledge of Zachman, TOGAF or similar frameworks.
- Understanding of BSS/OSS system interaction and dependencies.
- Familiarity with operational and support aspects of managed hosting, network and collocation services.
- Previous experience with an ISP.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in application architecture and technical strategy development.
- 10+ years’ experience in software development and complex application experience.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related field preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org