Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an Application DBA for a long term contract.
The successful candidate will work with the team within the organization to develop and maintain enterprise-level Java/Oracle applications. The candidate will work as part of a team comprised of a project manager, business analysts, and other members of the technical staff to develop new application features to support data collection and analysis efforts. The candidate will be required to develop DDL and DML scripts for Oracle databases as well as work with a third party data synchronization solution in conjunction with other team members.
Specific responsibilities will include:
ü Generate scripts and coordinate deployment with Data Operations and Enterprise DBA team.
ü Refactor physical data models to support new requirements, improve performance and support overall data architecture strategy.
ü Monitor database health and drive on-going database maintenance tasks.
ü Investigate source systems to locate and understand existing data.
ü Research and troubleshoot data issues.
ü Adhere to coding standards as defined in Research IT.
ü Coordinate and ensure appropriate reviews per processes defined in Research IT.
ü Assist in developing data migration strategies.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
The candidate must possess the following technical experience:
- Minimum requirements include full time experience as an DBA in a technical environment
- Experience with database development and large system integration.
- Experience with SQL, SQL debugging and performance tuning, and Oracle data extraction and modification.
- Self starter, capable of driving towards goals independently. Highly self motivated and delivery focused.
- Willingness to do collaborative development.
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse team to achieve a common goal.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities. Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change. Demonstrated interaction skills across a wide spectrum of technical contacts and teams.
- Hands-on role requiring rigorous attention to detail and application of standards.
- Have demonstrable understanding and awareness of technology and an ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata 11g, especially partitioning, compression and OLAP data cubes.
- Large data (10s of terabytes) project experience.
- Proven to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the software lifecycle and Agile database design.
· Experience with Sybase PowerDesigner, physical data model and DDL generation.
Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Performance: Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Business Awareness: Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business. Demonstrates understanding of the business context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Communication and Influence: Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Partnership and Teamwork: Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com