Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Business Systems Analyst (Clinical Systems) for a permanent full time opportunity.
Demonstrates commitment to the vision, core purpose/mission and goals of the organization, modeling the values and culture. The Business Systems Analyst assesses, plans, implements and evaluates information system support needs for business operations according to own judgment, policies, procedures, protocol and standards. As an internal consultant, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for system assessment, process analysis, identification of system requirements, and functional definition of planned system changes. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for identifying and implementing information system solutions that support more efficient and effective work performance based on inherent knowledge of business functions and processes. The Business Systems Analyst develops and manages project plans for the deployment of new and/or changes to information system applications. The Business Systems Analyst administers system applications and serves as an educator and resource regarding system functionality. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for functioning within scope of individual education, licensure and competence. Must identify opportunities for and contribute to the improvement of quality, safety and cost, as well as patient, customer, and employee satisfaction.
Responsible for building and maintaining all Cerner charge build and maintenance in Cerner Charge Services and/or Cerner HIM Services.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
· A good understanding of the functionality of Cerner Charge Services, suspended charge report and Bill Code Schedules.
· Expertise with all Charge Services tools including CSBatchChargeEntry.exe, CSChargeViewer.exe, CSPriceInquiry.exe, CSMiscSetup.ese, CSPricingTool.exe, CSTierMaint.exe, CSCTManager.exe, CSRateStructure.exe, CSChargeRecovery.exe.
· Expertise with all Cerner HIM tools including himAbstFieldBuilder.exe, himAbstFormSecurity.exe, himCodingParamsTool.exe, himEventExtTool.exe, himLetterTemplate.exe, himLocationExtTool.exe, himRequestTypeTool.exe, himRequesterDBTool.exe, himTaskBuilder.exe, himTaskCompletionUpdate.exe, AccessHIM.
· Assist with maintaining chargemaster to ensure appropriate reimbursement and compliance with governmental billing regulations.
· HIM workflow expertise including Chart Coding, Chart Abstracting, Chart Completion and Deficiency Management, and Release of Information.
Experience implementing and managing Cerner XR solution for legal record output and Medical record printing.
· Technical application knowledge and support of 3M Coding, 3M Computer Assisted Coding and McKesson Horizon Patient Folder.
· Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS/UB-92 revenue coding, modifiers, CMS billing regulations.
· Possess knowledge of complex inpatient and outpatient procedure terminology.
· Knowledge of chart review and clinical record information and coding methodologies.
· Ability to understand and interpret medical records and hospital bills.
Desired Skills & Experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Preferred: Proven work history with demonstrated success in team work and collaboration resulting in a series of project or program successes with products such as Cerner.
· Required: Build, Implement, configure, debug and training experience with packaged systems. Advanced level of business and analytical skills. Project Management skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Preferred: Masters degree preferred in Business Admin, Health Admin, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field.
· Required: Bachelors Degree (BA, BS, IS or IT or related field).
· Preferred: At least one year of information management experience, or 2 years experience with an application vendor, or consulting group. Prior experience with system analysis, system administration and project implementation preferred. Minimum of recent 5 years related business experience. Knowledge of healthcare operations, billing regulations and revenue cycle preferred.
· Required: Minimum of recent 3 years related business experience. Prior experience with systems analysis, troubleshooting and working in team environment to implement new processes and systems required. Must have education program development and presentation experience with strong public communications skills. Experience with word-processing, project management, and Business applications required.
· Preferred: Project Management Certification by Project Management Institute, AHIMA certification by HIMMS, Certified Patient Accounting Technician