The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst's role is to strategically design and implement SAP BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Analyst is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
Strategy & Planning
– Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
– Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
Acquisition & Deployment
– Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
– Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
– Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
– Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
– Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
– Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
– Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
– Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
– Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
– Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
– Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
– Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
– Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
– Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
– Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
– Bachelor degree in the field of information technology or business administration and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
– Minimum of 3 years direct work experience.
– Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
– Hands-on working knowledge of SAP Business Intelligence and Business Objects tools, such as Scheduler, Designer and Data Integrator.
– Exposure to SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP Process Integration and Master Data Management (MDM).
– Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
– Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
– Full project management and development life cycle experience.
– Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
– Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
– Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org