Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer for a permanent opportunity.
Visual Basic designs and develops Visual Basic (VB) analytical systems. Installs, configures, customizes, and troubleshoots tools and applications; monitoring operating efficiency of existing systems; designs and codes complex queries, reports performs testing and revises as necessary.
- Creates Views, Reports and Dashboards that leverage the full feature set of VB and Excel tools to deliver information to meet user requirements with a focus on ease of use and intuitive navigation and use of best Practices
- Works in a highly collaborative environment, with a focus on iterative, prototype based development.
- Supports VB Architecture and implementation
- Supports any new installs and future upgrades within VB environment
- Assists in the building and maintaining of VB Reporting system
- Troubleshoots problems in VB Application
- Assists in the creation of general documentation and training materials for applications developed
- Provides ad-hoc and production support
- Analyzes specifications and develop/test complex reports and dashboards utilizing VB
- Determines programming specifications for development.
- Creates and documents reusable VB objects and templates
- Designs and codes complex queries and reports; performs testing and revises as necessary. Installs, configures, customizes, and troubleshoots VB and Excel tools and applications.
- Elicits user needs using interviews, document analysis, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
- Coordinates with other teams to design and develop automated reports
- Converts data utilizing multiple report writing approaches: computed or aggregated columns, sub-queries, nested queries and/or complex SQL statements
- Evaluates and offers suggestions for new reports based on client’s needs or improvement to existing reports.
- Maintain structured, accurate, and up-to-date records in task management software
- Implement training with clients on new third party reporting capabilities as needed
- Assists in analysis and design activities associated with development of the reports
- Expresses recommendations based on client desires, product architecture, cost, quality and delivery timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field experience.
- Minimum 3 years of VB development or database development experience
- Extensive experience in data mining, query and database access tools, data warehousing and modeling
- Advanced Excel experience including recording and troubleshooting macros, conditional formatting, formulas, and pivot tables
- Advanced Visual Basic Editor experience
- Intermediate experience with Access, including queries and tables
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining processes and procedures related to report writing
- Skilled in data analysis, information management and basic project management
- Experience with SQL/Crystal Report or similar reporting tools
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com