Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking Business Objects Developer for a permanent role
• Technical management and Administration of the Business Objects Platform, including CMC, LCM, Import Wizard, and Client Tools.
• Development of new Reporting/Dashboards as well as support of existing content.
• Coordination and administration of security requirements.
• Promoting, migrating and upgrading content between multiple Business Object environments.
• Performance monitoring to identify and resolve performance issues.
• Identify and evaluate new Business Objects technologies and methodologies.
• Apply Business Objects Service Packs, Fix Packs and other potential add-ons.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills preferred.
• Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution
• BA/BS Degree in computer science, information technology or related Certification.
• 5+ years experience in SAP Business Objects tools with a focus on administration and technical implementation. SAP Certification for Business Objects a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a complex Business Objects 3.1 environment.
• Able to source from multiple systems and formats: including SAP, AS400, Microsoft SQL, Oracle DB.
• Demonstrated ability to develop reporting/dashboards in Crystal, Webi, Xcelcius.
• Experience or familiarity with BEX development, BW backend development is a plus.
• Experience with Business Objects upgrades (especially to 4.1) is a plus.
• With minimal to no supervision begins to proactively monitor applications and programs for errors. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and installs new applications and programs so they are completed timely within budgetary guidelines mutually agreed upon with IS management and produces results that are of a consistently high quality that meets business needs.
• With minimal to no supervision assures analysis, design, and development are based upon requirements and desired functionality defined by the business and produces quality results that meet business objectives and timelines.
• Demonstrating a depth of knowledge and experience, recommends, designs, builds, tests, implements and maintains scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs which support cost-effective technology solutions.
Position Essential Functions
• BW database/process design, build, implementation: With a depth of knowledge demonstrates data extract, transformation and loading (ETL) techniques from source systems. Creates database design of low to high complexity for data warehouses. With a depth of knowledge demonstrates OLAP (online analytical processing) principals such as dimensional analysis, star schemas, aggregation and query creation. Ability to design and build data models of low to high complexity that meet user requirements. Ability to determine the business needs of application users on projects or tasks of small to large scope and size. With a depth of knowledge demonstrates ability and experience analyzing enterprise software and make recommendations on best course of action.
• BW/BI reporting design, build, implementation: With a depth of knowledge design and build reporting solutions of low to high complexity that meet user requirements. Determine flexible reporting solutions that serve business requirements. With minimal to no supervision review, train end users on most effective use of the reporting toolset.
• Beginning to develop strong leadership skills, collaborate with other End User Technology associates to improve workstation infrastructure, train Level I and Level II support on new workstation configurations, and empower Level I and Level II support to troubleshoot and resolve new and more complex issues.
• With minimal to no supervision on assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
• Begins to take a leadership role in those technical areas that they possess expertise and knowledge in, when working with team members, customers, and the company for projects that are small to medium in size and scope.
• Begin to develop strong leadership skills on various projects and initiatives of any complexity, size and scope. This includes assisting with project-related decisions and tasks as well as delegation and documentation of project work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org