Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Business Systems Manager for a full time permanent role.
The Business Systems Manager is responsible for managing a team focused on user support, problem reporting, problem resolution, buisness procedure, documentation, project ideation, project intiation, and testing for existing and new business systems. The Business Systems Manager is the champion of the System Development Lifecycle and uses this process in accordance with departmental procedure to develop quality technology systems that support and enhance the the company’s ability to do business. The Business Systems Manager has three primary areas of oversight: management of direct reports, management of business analysis and design functions, and help desk management.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
– Understands and clearly communicates the company’s vision, culture, mission, and beliefs.
– Upholds Organizational Development procedure, protocol, policies, standards, and systems in relation to all work assignments and enforces these among direct reports.
– Consults with the Director in order to enhance and enable improvements to these procedures, protocols, policies, standards, and systems when appropriate.
– Maintains open lines of communication with the Director at all times, providing regular status updates. Escalates to the Director as needed.
– Maintains oversight on the work assignments of direct reports. This includes monitoring and maintenance of the the continual improvement project log
– Conducts regular 1:1 meetings with staff members.
– Ensures maximum productivity of direct reports.
– Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees and managers to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity and continued improvement. As a manager, sets the example for this behavior.
Ø BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
– Understands all business and systems functionality as designed; continually seeks to uphold the continuity, integrity, and quality of the process, work flow, and architecture as approved and designed.
– Functions as the Lead Business Systems Analyst on mid to large size enterprise projects and performs the Business Systems Anlyst functions as required.
– Oversees all aspects of the system development lifecycle. These aspects include: information gathering, needs assessment, project scoping, project management, business analysis, documentation, systems analysis, systems design, development of test scripts, structured testing, user testing, technology evaluation, change management, user adoption, functional design drawings, development of training guides, and other activities related to the SDLC and change management processes.
– Functions as an expert and escalation point for requests related to business analysis, systems architecture, systems integration, data entry, systems analysis, systems design, system operation, business application, and other items related to business systems analysis.
– Ensures the team maintains accurate and timely documentation on all company procedure, deisgn flows, test scripts, system functionality, business requirements, and any other documentation required in accordance with the departmental procedure and standards.
– Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, and according to documented standards of performance.
– Monitors change requests, ensures proper work and budgetary approvals, and executes departmental procedure in regard to these requests.
– Collaborates with IT resources on capacity, system maintenance issues, and project implementations as required.
Ø HELP DESK MANAGEMENT
– Manages the Organizational Development help desk.
– Oversees resolution of help desk items with the vendor.
– Actively pursues issue resolution and communicates project statuses / issues to the Director.
– Supports end user questions and requests for information and training. Takes ownership of requests and ensures user needs are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee must exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include clarity of vision at 20 feet or more as well as 20 inches or less.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
Ø Normal office environment
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. In accordance with applicable Company policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
– Business Systems Training Specialist
– Systems Analyst
– Database Administrator
– Data Entry
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following are the minimum qualifications an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
– Formal Project Management and Management training, including MS Projects
– Minimum of 8 years of experience performing systems analysis and design.
– 3 + years management/supervisory experience in a similar role with use of SDLC methodologies
– 3 + years leading ERP / process improvement projects
– 3 + years designing and implementing enterprise wide organizational change initatives
– Master’s degree highly preferred.
– Systems and process thinking
– Leadership and supervisory skills
– Ability to understand, document, and delegate programming logic and design
– Ability to absorb a large amount of new information quickly and constantly
– Ability to solve practical problems (related both to people and data) and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
– Ability to functionally comprehend and develop instructional material for a variety of computer applications
– Strong detail orientation
– Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
– Ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, company processes, procedures, programs, and policies.
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and employees.
– Ability to effectively develop, define, and document solutions for complex business problems.
– Ability to understand complex business functions.
– Ability to comprehend complex and multi-dimensional workflow.
– Assess the success and modify future efforts based on results
– Ability to lead process improvement / change management
– Ability to execute on high level company initiatives
– Ability to supervise projects and insure implementation within a hybrid corporate organizational structure
– Process design experience and training, including Business Process Re-engineering
– Ability to communicate complex business concepts and technical information in a simple, non-technical manner.
– Superior verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to communicate high level organizational goals throughout the company
– Ability to understand and express the purpose, benefit, and the objective of the change intiative
– Ability to coach others on successful communication
– Commitment and conviction to high level company goals
– Strong customer and results orientation
– Derives motivation and energy from the opportunity to work on projects that move the organization forward
– <span styl
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com