Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Certified Scrum Master for a long term opportunity.
In this role you will lead and direct one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations.
This position requires the consultant to prepare the project execution plan and identify appropriate technical and business resources needed for the team.
Ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meets technical requirements of the assignment. Keeps current on advances in the field of IT. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. (5 – 8 Years with BS) (3 – 6 Years with MS) (0 – 3 Years with PhD) (0 – 3 Years with JD)
This position is responsible for organizing and facilitating a highly talented cross-functional scrum team to deliver innovative IT solutions to enable the Research and Development pipeline.
The scrum team is comprised of Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Test Engineers, both direct and contract. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in the full life-cycle of software projects as well as demonstrated experience leading successful Agile/Scrum projects.
* Ensuring teams are following the processes and principals of our product lifecycle framework and implementation of Scrum.
* Ensure the teams are practicing core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
* Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
* Identify and manage dependencies with other internal and external teams and ensure cross-team coordination.
* Perform the duties of Scrum Master including serving as the gatekeeper for the team, identify and remove impediments for the team and organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies such as project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other scrum related meetings.
* Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
* Empower teams to self-organize
* Assisting the Product Owner in backlog maintenance.
* Partnering with other Scrum Masters and Application Development Managers to implement best practices through continual process improvement across the organization.
*BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS (or related field) *5+ years of IT experience in Software Development *Minimum 2 years of Scrum Master experience *Understanding of Lean principles *Through understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and practices *Strong interpersonal skills and experience in effective team building
*MS in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS (or a related field) or MBA *Experience developing software in accordance with government regulations such as those created by the EPA and FDA *Certified Scrum Master *Technology savvy – a background in software engineering is beneficial (particularly Java) *Experience working with remote or distributed teams
Positions are budgeted for 12 months with option to extend.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org