- Under general supervision and using established procedures applies intermediate skills to modify, code, test, debug, document and install moderately complex-to-routine application programs to support client/server and web-based applications in accordance with Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology.
- Candidate develops programs to support agency management systems with a windows based front-end on Microsoft SQL 2005 database.
- Implements enhancements to client/server and web-based applications with a high level of attention to detail and in coordination with computer operations and users.
- Candidate thoroughly document changes, additions, and enhancements to client/server and web-based applications, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Comprehends client/server programming knowledge and/or experience limitations and is comfortable referring more complex issues to higher levels for guidance and/or resolution.
- Consistently demonstrates a desire to advance their system knowledge by gradually assuming more responsibility for increasingly complex program changes.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 yrs experience in application development.
- 3 to 5 yrs experience in VB.NEt, ADO, DAO, COM+, COM/DCOM, Windows O/S, and Citrix/WTS Server environment is strongly desired.
- A 4 yr degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience is needed as well as 3 to 5 yrs experience in client/server programming in a large, distributed N-Tier environment.
- 3+ yrs experience with SQL Server, VB Script, Visual Studio 2005, and stored procedures as well as intermediate database knowledge as related to programming, including normalization concepts.
Extended periods of sitting and keyboard operations. Occasional weekends and holiday work, if/as deadlines require, perform on call duties, and locate within a 40-50 minute commute of Decatur, IL. Potential travel (various modes of transportation) of up to 15% of work schedule may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com