Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Cloud Architect for a permanent opportunity in Kansas City, KS.
The Cloud Architect will help enable the organization to leverage cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS, etc. Through an understanding of cloud architecture and technologies, this individual designs, develops, and manages robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives. The Cloud Architect should be proficient in all aspects of solution development including implementation details, developing prototypes, and architectural best practices. The Cloud Architect should also be experienced in microservices and multi-tiered distributed applications which span multi-cloud or hybrid environments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review proposed solution to ensure alignment with business use cases, cost effectiveness, application compatibility, data integration, tradeoffs and alternatives, build/buy/modify, and measurements of success.
- Ensure technical designs meet business requirements for high availability, disaster recovery, elasticity of cloud resources, and growth scalability.
- Review network, storage, and compute resources for integration with on-prem and multi-cloud environments, storage mapping, data flow, and data mapping requirements.
- Develop plans for merger and acquisition activities including integration with existing systems and license migration.
- Envision future solution improvements including cloud and technology improvements, business needs and evolution.
- Develop and review plans for network topologies for hybrid networking, cloud extensibility, security, data protection, and storage integration.
- Ensure appropriate configuration and provisioning of compute resources to accommodate compute volatility.
- Ensure orchestration of technologies, automated maintenance and patching.
- Work closely with the security officer to ensure requirements for identity and access management, data security, and penetration testing are factored in to design solutions.
- Analyze and contribute to the optimization of business processes such as SDLC, continuous integration, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, testing and validation, change management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Computer Science or Information Technology Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 7+ years of hands on technical experience in a large scale enterprise
- Experienced with Windows Server
- Knowledge of SQL Server administration
- Experience with network topologies and configuration
- Knowledge of system disaster recovery process
- Good interpersonal, oral communication, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with deployments to the Azure environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
Essential Job Skills:
- Demonstrated success in an architectural role
- Ability to take general direction and “fill in the pieces” as necessary
- Strong initiative, self-reliance, and ability to cope with and overcome ambiguity
- Logical and detail oriented thinking
- Innovative problem solving and analysis
- Team player with a positive and encouraging demeanor
- Ability to participate across various teams, cultures, geographies and time zones
- Ability to work outside normal business hours without prior notice in response to high priority issue
- Ability to quickly switch focus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com