- C programming experience
- This needs to be actual C experience, not just experience with C# or Java or other another language based on C syntax.
- Memory allocation and freeing
- Debugging situations in which memory is being overwritten or not properly freed
Pointers to pointers and arrays of structures containing pointers (i.e., C pointer and de-referencing issues)
- Memory-buffer operations (“string-like” character-array operations, strcpy, memcpy, sprintf)
- Functions as parameters to functions
- Debugging without an IDE or other tool for software debugging
(i.e., stdout and file writes such as printf, fprintf, vprintf, fwrite, fputs, etc.)
- Basic familiarity with preprocessor instructions (#ifdef)
- Make files
- It is not necessary to have C++ (object-oriented) experience. This is pure C.
- Unix experience
- Basic commands on Unix/Linux servers, such as navigation, copy, tar, ftp, and ps/kill (handle Unix processes).
- Don't need to be expert and can be a little rusty, but can't just start from scratch.
- rfcserver package for interface to SAP
- vi editor
On many occasions my predecessor and I have found it works better to edit or view in vi on the UNIX server. In other words, don't depend on ftp'ing the code back to a Windows environment
- WRQ Reflection
This is the package we have in-house for Unix/Windows and Unix/Unix interfacing. We also have PuTTY and an older version of BeyondCompare.
- Experience with scientific algorithms
- Conversion between ASCII and Unicode
- GCC command-line knowledge and experience with C precompilers
- Understanding of warehouse operations
- SAP experience
Oracle ERP experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org