Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Database Administrator (DB2) for either a permanent full time role or in a contract to hire capacity.
Knowledgeable in DB2 Z/os but we are looking for more distributed environment knowledge (LUW, SQL Server).
Here are some items that are at the top of the list of skills we are looking for:
- DB2 Experience
- LUW would be a large bonus
- ‘Maybe’ SQL Server experience, but Mostly needing someone with the DB2 knowledge
- 3-5 years of experience as a DBA
- Performed some data modeling
- Has done some performance tuning of SQLs
Under the general direction of a Manager of Information Services, designs and implements databases and provides technical assistance for database projects. Recommends and implements database management best practices in a collaborative team environment. Monitors and tunes in-house developed and vendor database applications of varying size and complexity. Provides production on call support on a rotating basis with other team members. DBMS opportunities include SQL Server, DB2 LUW, NoSQL (graph and document), and DB2 z/OS.
- Minimum 5 years application or database administration experience with relational databases (SQL Server, DB2 LUW, DB2 z/OS).
• Experience with NoSQL databases desirable.
• Understanding of importance and implementation of database recoverability, availability, security and performance.
• Understanding of relational theory and experience with relational data modeling.
• Proficiency in coding accurate and efficient SQL.
• Understanding and experience of both OLTP and OLAP databases.
• Experience with production on call support.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Assists in recovery procedures for new or modified database applications.
- Assists in training application programmers in the protocols involved in updating and accessing the database.
- Assists in updates of the data dictionary, including writing control statements.
- Works independently or in teams on smaller, less complex database design projects or in project teams on the elements of major, complex projects.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Manager of Information Services.
- Must have demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of independent planning and initiative.
- A Bachelor of Science degree is preferred.
- Computer Science industry coursework deemed appropriate in Information Services for level and corporate objectives should be completed.
- Requires a high level of data processing knowledge acquired through programming and analysis experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in an Information Services environment is preferred.
- Responsible for testing, correcting, monitoring and updating developed database applications.
- Proficient in appropriate database storage and retrieval language and is knowledgeable of database design considerations and of the operating interrelationships between databases, business applications, and the operating system.
- Possesses a general knowledge of database oriented applications.
- Responsible for auditing less complex database transactions according to standard procedures.
- Participates in more complex database design projects to increase technical knowledge.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance to ensure minimal disruption to schedules, deadlines and availability to department personnel requiring expertise or guidance.
- Ability to accept guidance, follow instructions and work in a harmonious manner with others.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org