Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Database Administrator / Developer for a full time permanent opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Database Administrator / Developer. The Database Administrator is responsible for the performance and integrity of the company database, as well as performing a variety of programming assignments that apply knowledge of programming procedures and data processing requirements.
- SQL and Visual Basic (VB)
Supplemental Skills may include:
- VBA, Sharepoint, Power Builder, .net, MS Access, HTML
Typical Assignments for Database Administrator include:
- For new system implementation, oversees data import and export as part of a data conversion plan, performs capacity planning and maps out the conceptual design for the database.
- Plans and conducts structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance.
- Develops, programs, tests and troubleshoots reports and custom requests, as well as other functions related to computer programming.
- Assist with application and user support when needed.
- Provides support and maintains SQL Server database applications.
- Responsible for system tuning, performance monitoring, and database maintenance.
- Performs routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs.
- Evaluates technology and techniques to implement and maintain databases and database environment.
- Maintains detailed documentation on system design, database tables, data mapping, configuration, and settings in order to facilitate proper system operation and administration.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees and managers to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity and continued improvement.
- Responds promptly and accurately to information on companys’ business systems. Performs necessary research whenever necessary to insure an accurate and timely response.
- Maintains open communications at all times with the Director of Organizational Development and Computer Programmer.
- Acts as a liaison for IS and maintains open communications at all times with the IS staff.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience administrating databases in a client server requirement utilizing Microsoft SQL.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience computer programming in an MS SQL environment using Visual Basic or VB.net.
- Supplemental skills may include Access, HTML, .net, Power Builder, and Sharepoint.
- Competitive Salary
- Employer Paid Training
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Holiday Leave
- Medical/Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Education Assistance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org