The appropriate candidate should be proficient in MS SQL 2005/2008 T-SQL stored procedure programming and Data Warehouse development, including ETL (SSIS) and OLAP architecture design (SSAS) with multi-dimensional data modeling, data mart design, data security and process modeling. Development experience with .NET and reporting experience with Reporting Services (SSRS) also desired. The individual will be responsible for data modeling, implementing structure and data changes, database and SQL tuning, database installation/upgrades, backup and recovery, database availability, writing administration scripts and meeting with and leading development teams on various projects.
· Design, develop, implement and maintain the data warehouse and other databases as required.
· Define and implement all procedures to manage and safeguard the database environments, using mechanisms provided by the DBMS, custom or third-party utilities.
· Design, develop, implement and maintain reporting (SSRS) from our core system and data warehouse.
· Perform and define procedures and methods for reorganizations, recoveries, and performance tuning of the database environments.
· Define and implement, in a timely manner, the methods and procedures that provide the highest availability of the databases to the developer and end-user environments.
· Define the naming standards and the enforcement of these standards for the databases.
· Perform and troubleshoot data loads to the data warehouse and OLTP databases.
· Perform regular reviews of the databases to identify performance problems, misuse (inadequate programming), and data duplication (duplication across tables).
· Research and make recommendations on the DBMS that will meet the user/developer requirements within the hardware guidelines specified by management.
· Provide leadership and training to ensure the most effective use of the DBMS environments.
· Strong working experience (5+ years) in data warehousing technologies and methodologies.
· Strong working experience (5+ years) in OLTP and OLAP.
· Good knowledge of ETL tools.
· Excellent PC skills and advanced query writing.
· Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
· Ability to write reports, technical specs, procedures and correspondence.
· Ability to interact with healthcare providers and related third-parties.
· Related-field Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org