You've spent the last few years as the #2 or #3 marketing person at an aggressive, growth-oriented technology firm, where you've seen how well developed, creative marketing programs truly can impact market share and sales revenue. Your current boss is experienced, has taught you all the principles and processes of sound, creative marketing leadership; he/she has given you the tools and techniques to run your own department – BUT – is not going to retire and is loved by your CEO!
You want your own shop. You want your own opportunity to shine; to drive marketing your way; to win with your name on the door. Bluntly, you have an ego and you want to give it life. We're a dynamic, web-based solutions developer just outside the Kansas City region, with an incredible growth history, a tremendous vertical market that keeps demanding and spending more, and a need for you, your skills and your ego to join our team of competing egos; to help us grow from the big dog in the market to the only dog in the market.
We want more than our fair share – we want it all!
If you've got:
4-5 years of great experience in the marketing department of a technology company
- the skills to lead a team
- the tools to implement a series of proven best practices
- a hunger and passion to succeed
- the willingness to work your tail off
- and you REALLY want a great opportunity to show what you can do
Then we want to hear from you! The Director of Marketing in our organization will refine our current brand, drive greater brand awareness to the market through various media and public relations initiatives, significantly raise the “creative bar” of all of our marketing programs, and generally take Marketing to the next level in our organization. This position will interact with key decision makers while actively a member of the Management Team of the company.
- Position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Privately held company
- Bonus potential based on individual and team performance
- Benefits include:
- 401K, Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability insurance
Qualified candidates must have:
- 4-5 years of marketing experience in a technology or software services company.
- Experience as a “#2” or “#3” marketing person or as a manager of a Marketing Department.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Top-notch organizational and leadership skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic culture.
- MUST be creative and results-oriented!
We are the leading provider of e-government web gateways, constituent portals and public sector web development services in the United States & Canada. Designed specifically for city, county & state organizations, enabling them to improve operational efficiency, extend local outreach, build stronger constituent relationships and provide vital informational and public safety alerts. Over 450 local governments use one or more of our products, modules and web services to support their communities, residents and businesses. Since 1994, our sole focus and expertise has been partnering with the public sector market, providing them with the solutions and tools they need to make a significant difference in their home towns, cities, counties and states.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org