Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Drupal/PHP Application Developer in our Kansas City, MO office.
The Drupal/PHP Application Developer is primarily responsible for developing Drupal-based solutions for the company. This includes website development, mobile development, and development of other technology solutions as designed by the company and required by the market. The Drupal/PHP Application Developer will be expected to spend the majority of his/her time developing client deliverables.
The Drupal/PHP Application Developer will spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop web or other applications as required to support defined business requirements
- Collaborate with the Platform Leads to ensure adherence to coding standards
- Collaborate with the Platform Leads to deliver reusable code and components
- Support CMS platforms in use by the company via coding, configuration and general maintenance
- Develop and maintain databases or those dedicated by project requirements
- Perform maintenance as needed on current client websites
- Ensure all projects mitigate security risks as defined by OWASP top 10 application security risks
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and share pertinent information with team members
- Create and/or update technical documentation as needed in order to support development efforts
- Ensure deliverables align with strategic direction of the company and the Interactive Technology team
- Understand, follow and contribute to the established project development process
- Accurately track hours against projects and complete time sheets in a timely manner
Preferred Skills / Abilities:
- Source Control Management such as Git
- Experience with responsive design, cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
- Knowledge with Continuous Integration/Build servers such as Jenkins and/or Bamboo and task runners such as Gulp/Grunt
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing and delivering client-facing interactive solutions
- Strong knowledge of the Drupal Content Management Framework
- Ability to create and maintain websites using Drupal
- Experience with custom module development
- Experience with Drupal hooks and APIs
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with custom Drupal theme creation
- Participation in open-source projects and/or the developer community such as core or contributed module issue queues on Drupal.org.
- Experience with Drupal 8, Composer and Symfony
- Cloud hosting platforms such as Amazon Web Services, particularly EC2, RDS and S3.
- BS in Computer Science, Related Field, or equivalent work experience.
Expectations of Members of the company’S Technology Division
- Communication – You must possess excellent communication skills. You’ll be speaking to internal and external project team members, each with different degrees of technical and business acumen. You must be able to communicate complex technical and business concepts across the project team to ensure understanding and alignment.
- Problem Solver – You must possess and demonstrate the ability to identify problems and provide solutions whenever possible. And, on a related note…
- Know What You Know and Know When You Don’t Know – If you know the answer, state it clearly and stand your ground; if you don’t know the answer be resourceful and get expert help to determine the right answer.
- Lifetime Learner –You must be an active participant in continually improving your skills.
- Team Oriented – You must work and play well with others, lend a hand when and where you see a need, get your hands dirty when needed, and be committed to the success of team for the good of our clients, MMGY, and your team.
- Technical Acumen – You must possess a firm understanding of the concepts and details associated with how websites are built, how end users use them, and how the Internet works in general.
- Survival Skills –Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and getting scrappy when needed.
Reports to: PHP Platform Lead
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org