We are seeking a detailed oriented Junior Level Web & Print Graphics Designer for an immediate need.
- Experience with proof reading
- Demonstrated experience with all types of collateral materials
- Web Design experience (1-2 years)
- Print Graphics Design (1-2 years)
- Ad publication experience
- Attention to detail is a must
- Functions in accordance with Operational Guidelines and within his/her professional code of ethics.
- Maintains a professional, courteous manner while conducting business inside and outside of the organization.
- Participates in and contributes to the various staff development activities of the organization.
- Is sensitive to and responsive to management needs.
- Participates in all required meetings.
- Regularly participates in evaluation of self in regard to job performance.
- Performs other special functions that may from time to time, be outlined and attached hereto.
- The following examples are meant to be illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Collaborates with staff to design and produce graphics for customized promotional tools, and collateral. Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts.
- Assists with the development of all publications (such as the group tour planner, reunion guide, show guide, vacation guide, etc), including responsibility for almost all creative design, layout, listing information and photography.
- Designs html newsletters and graphical updates for website.
- Bids out print projects to vendors. Bids should be received from a minimum of three qualified vendors and the bid selected should be accepted based on the following qualifications: price, quality of services, and project time constraints.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to quality control color, assemblies and digital files
· Manage diverse and deadline-oriented workflow while maintaining quality, accuracy and effectiveness
· Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours as needed
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people to ensure that objectives are met in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner
· Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong artistic skills and creative abilities
DESIRABLE EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of graphic designing software in a MAC environment
- Knowledge of art design and production processes, web publishing, pre-press digital file preparation, color theory, fonts and font management.
- Knowledge of marking/public relations practices a plus
- At least three years of experience in graphic design and desktop publishing
· Associates degree in graphic design or other related field (Or) Any combination of education, training and experience that would qualify the individual for the position.
· Conscientious: carefully and thoroughly does job, being very particular. Does not neglect any aspect of job or do things carelessly. Takes pride in work.
· Initiative: self-motivated. Begins actions without having to be told to do so.
· Organized: arranges environment in a systematic manner to achieve objectives.
· Stress Handler: able to handle mental tensions, pressures, urgencies and important situations. Able to handle more than one important and urgent thing at a time.
· Verbal/Nonverbal Communication: expresses self in a positive manner and interchanges thoughts, information and feelings orally. Is considerate, courteous, respectable, and well-mannered.
Periodic evaluation of the employee will be based upon the extent to which the listed principal responsibilities are discharged. Additional consideration will be given to:
· Adaptability (ability to perform effectively in the face of changing job demands);
· Initiative (taking necessary and appropriate action on one’s own);
· Such factors as reliability, motivation, creativity, cooperativeness, and appearance.
· Performs bending, squatting, sorting, kneeling, and reaching to ground level and overhead as required for such tasks as retrieving files.
· Ability to lift, grasp, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds.
· Ability to climb stairs while carrying objects up to 30 pounds in weight.
· Must be able to hold and grip objects.
· May be subject to standing for long periods of time.
· Visual ability sufficient to operate a computer.
· Hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person and by telephone.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org