High Performance Computing (HPC) Architect
The HPC Architect will work in the Solutions Planning & Engineering group and will be responsible for overall technical strategy development, solution architecture of HPC environment. The selected candidate will be a technical expert with broad experience capable of translating business objectives to technology solutions. In addition, the HPC Architect will deliver architecture specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for IT projects and initiatives. Architect the next generation HPC solutions including alternative computing hardware such as FPGA’s and GPU’s while working closely with various architects and engineers.
The HPC Architect will be working in a large enterprise environment making up mission critical systems and must provide demonstrated enterprise experience in architecting/engineering solutions in such an environment. The role will be filled by a candidate who can demonstrate experience including the development of strategy, creation of roadmaps, documenting platform trends and applications, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple technologies.
Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Takes responsibility for technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Usually requires 15 years of previous experience.
- Identify business objectives and define technology solutions
- Creating technical documentation – roadmaps, presentations, cost models, etc
- Work closely with customers and Engineering on new technology introductions
- Ability to market & sell decisions with senior leaders and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in both self-directed as an individual contributor and matrix team environments
- Function from a holistic view across the Enterprise of technical needs and available technical capabilities
- Identify potential technology partners
- Work with technology partners to develop high value , mission critical solutions
- Must have proven experience (+8 years in HPC Environment, including PBS/TORK, LSF, SGE)
- Experienced in parallel file systems such as LUSTRE and GPFS
- Extensive UNIX admin experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· Architectural best practices, and advanced problem solving skills
- Excellent multi-medium communications skills (verbal, written, presentation, etc.)
- Strong networking skills, strong facilitation skills
- Design and implementation of various HPC solutions
- Scripting and code tuning experience
- HPC networking MPI solutions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org