Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an Infrastructure Systems Engineer for a contract to hire role.
The Infrastructure Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and coordinating the delivery of end-to-end infrastructure solutions to support core infrastructure and application systems. Delivery of infrastructure solutions includes assessing requirements; designing technical infrastructure; and coordinating and assisting with testing, deployment, and implementation. Candidates should have a background in network design and support, including ensuring that the infrastructure and applications are secure.
The candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills; will work effectively in a diverse highly, talented team; will continuously strive for excellence; and will be proficient in design and process definition and documentation.
· Analyze and design enterprise infrastructure solutions
· Document technical design and operational procedures
· Make recommendations on security best practices
· Provide thought leadership on network infrastructure architecture
· Contribute to network engineering, deployment, and support
· Develop infrastructure delivery approach and plan; and coordinate execution
· Develop support procedures for 2nd and 3rd tier support personnel
· Assist operations group in the delivery of infrastructure solutions
· Assist operations group to proactively manage and maintain systems
· Assist operations group with support issues and problem management
· Identify and evaluate technologies to improve IT Infrastructure
· Develop and utilize network performance and capacity management KPI’s
· Mentor/ cross-train team members on existing and new technologies
· Demonstrated Engineering Discipline
· Experience designing, configuring, and supporting a complex network environment including routing, switching, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
· Experience managing multi-layer network security zones
· Network monitoring and management platforms
· Unix/Linux systems administration and scripting
· Linux network configuration, iptables, VLANs, etc.
· Active Directory / Group Policy / DHCP / DNS
· Experience with multiple types of systems and applications architecture, running on multiple hardware and software platforms
· High Availability and Disaster Recovery strategies
· Understanding of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
· Strong understanding of virtualization concepts and technologies
· Strong documentation & communication skills
· Proven ability to provide leadership and work with and influence technical team members
· Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
· A broad range of technical skills with a strong desire to constantly expand skillset
· Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete goals both independently and cooperatively
· Threat Management Gateway (or similar product)
· Microsoft SQL Server
· Denial of Service monitoring and mitigation
· Windows system administration and scripting
· VMware ESX / vCenter
· Microsoft Hyper-V
· Clustering & Load Balancing
· Operating System Build Automation
· Storage Area Networks
· Windows Server Update Server
· Linux rpm and yum
Educational or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience
· 8+ years of enterprise-level design and support experience
· Strong experience in operations and application administration
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com