This position leads, supervises, plans, and manages the daily activities of company’s IT Engineering, Systems Administration, and IT Operations personnel. The manager effectively and efficiently facilitates the process of gathering stakeholder needs, researching solutions, prioritizing tasks, assigning tasks, and maximizing team contribution. The manager must possess a comprehensive knowledge of information technology components, systems and methodologies and have the proven ability to apply this knowledge to meet business needs. A BS in Computer Science or related field, 10 years of IT experience, and at least 5 years of management / leadership experience in an IT technical group setting is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages the daily activities of company’s IT Engineering, Systems Administration, and IT Operations personnel.
· Leads the hiring process for assigned areas.
· Builds effective teams and manages the development of assigned personnel
· Identifies opportunities for improvements and implements improvement programs.
· Researches and recommends new IT related technologies to the company.
· Researches, develops and maintains solid business relationships with related IT vendors.
· Initiates, defines, and accomplishes timely network and server based reporting for review, tuning, and capacity planning.
· Participates as a technical backup on different server platforms.
· Participates as a project manager on projects as needed.
· Promotes and ensures cross-department cooperation.
· Participates in a collaborative team environment functioning within the SCRUM (agile) methodology
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager or management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· BS in Computer Science or related field.
· At least 10 years of IT experience
· At least 5 years of leadership experience in an IT technical group setting
· Should have a comprehensive level of technical skills on multiple IT systems and platforms
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Requires a complete and comprehensive knowledge of modern Information Technologies and their application to meet the corporation specific business needs.
· Ability to problem solve using deductive reasoning in a timely manner
· This position may require you to provide personal cell phone with service that has the ability to connect with an enterprise email server on a continually basis
· Support needs required working after normal business hours and on weekends.
· On call 24×7
· Possess a comprehensive knowledge of information technology components, systems and methodologies.
· Working knowledge and understanding of networking systems and infrastructure
· Ability to lift, carry, and install IT equipment.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
· May frequently be required to stand, walk, use hands, reach, stoop, kneel or bend, talk, or hear
· Must be able to interface with a standard personal computer.
· Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be appropriately licensed and insured
· Must be able to fly on a commercial airliner domestically and abroad
· Moderate to loud noise level
· Fast paced and positive
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org