Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Java Developer for a contract opportunity.
Position entails development and maintenance of a major retailer’s POS back end systems. The successful candidate should have a good track record in development and be prepared to spend time supporting the production system. They will be required to demonstrate a mature and constructive approach to troubleshooting.
The Point of Sale is part of the Retail and payment cards system and is used to accept different payment cards including chip and magnetic stripe cards. This fairly large system with worldwide stores and continues to be enhanced, as new requirements are drafted to support various card networks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Development duties will include
- Supporting the live application in the production environment
- Communication with users to gather requirements and analyze/address issues
- Analyzing requirements and develop technical designs and code.
- Participating in test execution cycles
- In addition to performing specific software development tasks, this person will interface directly with the internal IT representatives to define and clarify business requirements.
- Communicate daily with project team members to discuss progress, next commitments, and roadblocks.
- Conceive designs for software that follow internal and industry-standard best practices.
Skills and Experience Required
Basic Technical Requirements
· 5 – 8 years experienced Java developer with working knowledge of EJB 3 and JSF.
· The candidate should be committed to test-driven design principles.
· The candidate should also have working knowledge of git, Maven, and Netbeans.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team in an fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines
· Ability to create well-organized and concise functional and technical documentation
- Experience with the payment card industry is also preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com