Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior level Java Developer for a permanent role.
Develop applications to support business requirements. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expresses recommendations based on client feedback, product architecture, cost, quality, and delivery timelines
- Interacting and ensuring cross-team and cross-department cooperation
- Implementing test-driven development leveraging tools such JUnit, Maven, Ant, CVS, Subversion, and Cruise Control
- Appling Object-Oriented Design strategies and patterns
- May perform some DBA functions such as building data models, database designs, DB performance resolution, replication, and tuning.
- Awareness of design and deploying applications that protect data from unauthorized use and track security violations
- Code Reviews are required of all work before it goes into production by a SR. level developer
- Balances development with significant contribution to the organization
- Continues self-directed building of company knowledge
- Works on moderately complex and critical tasks
- May lead small, short-duration projects.
- Fully self-directed, with mastery of skills for their job role
- Builds the company knowledge and technical capability of the Team Member.
- Work activities increase their understanding of company products, services, and client solutions.
- Makes an identifiable contribution with working projects that are less-critical, low-complexity projects.
- Our entire SD team is committed to Support of our products and while new development is fundamental to our client centric focus, support is our number one priority
- Flexibility- we are a client centric organization requiring a great deal of flexibility
- Professional Development is offered and expected for all Software Development positions. You must have the initiative to keep your manager informed of your desired development goals.
- While we have multiple teams within Software Development we are One team and all communication and actions must represent that.
- You are expected to do 2 hours client time per month to maintain our client centric focus and user experience.
- We have a Matrix organization that means you have a manager you report to as well as a Product Owner or Manager that steers your direction.
- Participate in Daily Status update
- Peer and stakeholder reviews are held annually and require all to participate in a timely manner
- To support company’s client centric environment, you may be required to travel on site to visit a club for up to 5 days on an annual or bi-annual basis
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university
- 1 or more years’ experience in software development
- May have some experience with building and deploying J2EE applications
- Maybe a few years of multi-threaded server-side web application programming experience using agile development techniques
- Some experience with Linux and Oracle
- Possibly spent time developing and delivering B2B consumable web services
- Development experience with JDBC or object/relational persistence strategies
- Intermediate abilities to design, build, and deploy J2EE applications
- Knowledge of basic logic principles – Boolean logic, application of logical expressions with And,Or, Not logic
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Education on performance in the areas of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of projects
- Some SQL skills desirable
- Willingness to develop Java abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve using deductive reasoning in a timely manner.
- Flexibility/adaptability – ability to changes priorities quickly and often.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org