Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Java Developer for a remote / telecommute role.
Candidates will use a wide variety of technologies to solve challenging communications, integration, collaboration, and visualization problems. Beyond Java client development, current development efforts include an enterprise-scale cloud application, scientific sensor integrations and web-based data visualizations, Android applications for field exercise and training support, and R&D efforts, such as building new tools within an Electron app. Candidates should have experience with hands-on Java development, including software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
Ideal candidates are eager to solve new problems, have diverse experience, and are looking for professional growth opportunities in both technical and non-technical areas.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience using Java
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in software development concepts and design principles
- Experience with Java apps running on Windows and mobile devices utilizing frameworks such as Eclipse RCP, Spring Boot and Android
- Proven development experience using SQL (Including MySQL and MS SQL Server)
- Experience with the automated build process, unit testing (Junit) and source code analysis tools
- Eligible to receive a Security Clearance
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP) or a willingness to learn it
- Able to support occasional domestic travel(up to ~10%) in support of project related activities which often include project kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Experience with the JVM and multi-threaded applications
- Familiarity with modern web development techniques and experience with Electron or Angular 2and associated tools (npm, node.js, Webpack, Jasmine)
- Experience in network framework development(i.e. Netty, Jetty, Vert.x)
- Experience with a variety of communication protocols (Thrift, WebSocket, Kafka, MQTT, TCP, UDP)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies to build, test, deploy and host solutions. Experience deploying using tools such as Terraform and Docker.
- Any familiarity with integrating sensors or IoT development
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people’s strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others’ needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual’s skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com