We are actively seeking a Project/Team Leader with Java programming experience. 5+ years
He/she would have a team of 4 developers and 2 contractors – team size could grow in the next year due to additional responsibilities.
The application is supporting a home-grown Java front-end that calls web services at company's affiliate in Southern California.
The application allows captive and independent agents to quote and purchase automobile and homeowner insurance policies – future enhancements are currently underway.
The company is an IBM shop using Rational Application Developer as their IDE and WebSphere as their application server.
- 5 or more years of IT experience, preferably 1-2 years in Insurance industry.
- 3+ years Project Lead experience leading Java, J2EE projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment.
- Ability to work independently while keeping management informed.
- Ability to handle deadline pressures and effectively escalate project issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- BS Degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
- Proven track record of successful project leadership experience.
- EJB, XML, JNDI, JDBC, SQL, JMS
- Experience developing distributed applications using Web Services and/or EJB Experience developing with J2EE application servers, such as WebSphere 6.x.
- Java programming experience (front-end (JSP, Struts)
- Project Leader/Team Lead experience
- e-Commerce experience
- Web experience
- Financial or Insurance environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org