Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Java Technical Lead.
Tech Leads collaborate with Scrum Masters, analysts and other engineers to quickly and efficiently develop high quality, functioning software to exceed the expectations of company’s IT internal and external customers in a fast-paced, ever-changing business landscape. They are problem solvers, innovative thinkers, and expert technologists with a servant leadership mindset. A Technical Lead serves as the leading technical voice on Scrum teams and participates in iteration and release planning, story estimation, software demonstrations and iteration retrospectives. A Technical Lead may also serve as a software architect depending on project size and scope.
The Corporate Systems Development team is responsible for the ongoing development and project-based enhancement of several enterprise software solutions which are vital components of the services that the company offers its customers. From systems and application monitoring to usage data collection and billing, from quoting and ordering to provisioning of services, to complex web-based interfaces to these systems, the Corporate Systems Development team is the heart of the company’s corporate IT value proposition. In short, the team is responsible for the Quote-to-Cash business process, the monitoring and management of the technical infrastructure, and the backend systems in-between. We are using leading-edge technologies and are seeking for high potential software engineers to join our thriving team.
· Design and implement (create and enhance) timely and reliable software solutions.
· Influence and teach the team in software engineering and other technical concepts.
· Represent the team in interactions with project stakeholders, architects and senior leadership.
· Develop configuration-driven, self-monitoring, scalable solutions that can easily accommodate ongoing enhancements.
· Mentor members of the team via activities such as group learning and paired coaching
· Propose and implement software development best practices and lessons learned as a means of continuous improvement.
· Ensure that the team’s software output has been tested sufficiently.
· Define and implement various development environments for effective systems integration testing.
· Provide Subject Matter Expertise for production systems and document maintenance and support procedures.
Required and Desired Skills:
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills; superior analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to transform complex business requirements into sound technical designs and implementations
· Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding team-based environment
· Expert-level knowledge and experience in object-oriented design and programming concepts
· 8+ years (expert level) design and development experience in Java (Core Java, Spring, web services using CXF)
· 7+ years (expert level) design and development experience in Perl, specifically, the following skills:
· Application development (as opposed to strictly CGI or maintenance scripts)
· DBI/DBD, especially Sybase and Oracle; DBIx is a plus
· Usage as well as creation of Perl modules
· Advanced SQL/database programming in one or more of the following commercial relational databases: MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL
· Competency in basic Linux platform development and deployment activities
· Demonstrated experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Test::More) and a solid understanding of unit testing fundamentals.
· Experience with XML, HTML, VB Script, CGI, Java Script, AJAX
· Experience with Tomcat or JBoss and web technologies such as SOAP, REST and RMI
· Experience with source control packages such as Subversion or CVS
· Experience with J2EE (Servlets, JSP’s, Custom Java Tags, etc.)
· Experience in agile software development methodology is desired
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org