Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst for a permanent opportunity in St. Paul Minnesota.(
Develops, maintains and tests boxed and custom applications. Ensures smooth business continuity while developing and testing new technologies to assist the company to take advantage of technology improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Confers with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolves questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
– Analyzes client/server and PC based software solutions compatibility with company requirements. This may include PC based applications that interact with an IBM iSeries (AS/400) environment.
– Codes, tests, and troubleshoots programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
– Refines data and formats final product.
– Maintains and modifies programs; makes approved changes by amending flow charts, develops detailed programming logic, and coding changes. Documents changes.
– Writes new program code using prescribed specifications.
– Evaluates simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
– Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
– May analyze and implement enhancements and upgrade to iSeries operating system and iSeries software solutions based on capabilities that enhance company operations.
– Performs other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 7-9 years of Information Technology experience.
– Experience in deploying applications in a large enterprise environment.
– Will be required to provide after-hours technical support as needed.
– Has expert knowledge of functionality and application of JD Edwards enterprise resource planning software. (version 9.2 OneWorld)
– Can communicate effectively with the end-user community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org