Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Lead Infrastructure Automation Engineer for a Contract to Hire opportunity.
Technical lead that designs and implements IT infrastructure automation solutions with a focus on CI/CD capabilities, container technologies, and facilitating migrating applications to the cloud. Leads multiple, small and large projects on the deployment or upgrade of automation capabilities and workflows, utilizing internal and external resources. Functions as mentor for technical team members on automation technology strategies, platform configuration, and process improvements that will facilitate automation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(Listed in order of time-spent or importance)
- Researches, evaluates, designs and participates in the implementation of technologies, tools, and platforms supporting the automation and monitoring of IT systems and processes.
- Documents the design, operation and troubleshooting of automation platforms and automated
- Monitors, manages, and provides continuous feedback for automation technology strategies,
standards, and procedures to support effective infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Provides lead-level technical support to troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting CI/CD
platform and/or automation workflow operation or business service performance.
- Mentors team members and functions as technical lead.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Skills and Abilities
- 8+ years of experience with automating IT processes and systems (including CI/CD)
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously;
Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or and set applicable goals
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical
- Insurance industry knowledge
- 3+ years experience in programming
- 10+ years IT-related experience
- Technology agnostic and comfortable working with unix, linux, and/or windows based systems
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools
- Stays abreast of trends in devops, micro-services, and automation orchestration
- Experienced implementing automated release and/or deployment management solutions
- Experienced working with Docker containers
- Knowledgeable of Cloud concepts and technologies
- Intermediate proficiency with one or more programming languages such as python, go, or groovy
- Experienced supporting continuous integration environments and platforms
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experienced with Test Driven Development methodologies
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may
be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and communicate
with others including telephonically. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to
feel objects, tools, controls or to keyboard. Vision abilities to perform duties such as analyzing data
and figures and/or viewing a computer terminal are required.
Associates are not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org