Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a .NET Software Engineer for a multi year contract to hire role.
You would be responsible for delivering integrated product solutions & support for actuarial modeling / prediction platforms. You would work in a team environment and provide technical expertise and guidance throughout the entire software life cycle. You would provide analysis, design, estimation, planning, implementation, unit / integration testing of platform improvements and operational support to ensure systems availability for business stakeholders. You would also handle status tracking, communication of progress and issue resolution.
- Provide IT solution design, delivery & support expertise in modern Cloud, Web, Data and DevOps technologies.
- Apply leadership & ownership through full solution development life cycle while providing estimates, deliverables, and results.
- Meet regularly with Project Management and Technical leads to manage status, milestones, risks and issues in an Agile SDLC.
- Engage in customer planning sessions and demonstrate ability to drive out requirements.
- Analyze requirements, develop technical specifications and perform solution gap analysis via Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to customers and team members regarding functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex product systems.
- Prepare and present application and programming design solutions to fulfill business requirements.
- Engage technical analysts and business users to provide input on test cases, test scenarios, and test plans.
- Engage teams outside of immediate group as required (product integration points, infrastructure, helpdesk, security, vendors).
- Evaluate and balance application change risk with business need for timely product enhancements.
- Efficiently design, deliver and release operational enhancements to address performance, stability, monitoring capabilities.
- Develop & mature operational support knowledge base and playbook documentation to complement product solutions.
- Identify and rapidly resolve issues to enable operations.
- Provide training guidance to team members and users as required.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships to maintain credibility and trust.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience.
- 6+ years of experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Advanced Ability to translate business needs and problems into systems design and technical solutions.
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience with structured and object-oriented programming, design patterns, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to apply leadership when required.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Cloud AWS – (native / serverless Lambda, Step Functions).
- Core Languages – .net Core, C#, Java with strong OOAD and Micro Service experience.
- Automated Testing as subset of software development (dev estimates include testing automation – no exceptions).
- Databases – AWS (S3, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora).
- High volume RDBMS with complex SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Data Lake – Spark, Impala, Hadoop, Oozie, Cloudera, Alteryx.
- DevOps CI/CD automation solutions (Jenkins, Nexus).
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Containers (Docker – Swarm, Kubernetes).
- Compute Grid – Microsoft HPCBI Reporting – Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Vertica.
- Application Lifecycle Management suites (TFS / Microsoft Azure DevOps, GitHub).
- Monitoring/Alerting (CloudWatch, ELK stack, PagerDuty).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Tableau, Micro Services
- Microsoft HPC
- Oracle, PL/SQL, Java
- TDD, Specflow, Mocha
- Insurance industry knowledge. LOMA certification
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org