We are seeking an Oracle Developer for a contract opportunity.
· First and foremost we need someone who is a software developer, not a DBA or admin.
· Second, the candidate needs to be comfortable in a Unix environment.
Third, the candidate should have an understanding of databases, have a working knowledge of SQL, and be willing to brush up on their SQL as necessary.
· Forth, Perl experience would be great, experience in some related dynamic language would be nice (Ruby, Python, etc.), but, at a minimum, a willingness to learn Perl is required.
· Last, if they are also a Java developer that could come in handy if the Perl work runs out.
- At least (4) years experience in the design, programming, and support of application utilizing Oracle PL/SQL and SQL programming languages
- Experience developing with Microsoft SQL Server*s Transact-SQL is preferred
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of Oracle applications.
- Experience with Oracle Forms.
- Experience with creating databases using triggers and PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Extensive Oracle experience with design and development database schemas.
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining web-based applications.
- Extensive experience in integration of database driven web pages.
- Knowledgeable in loading and configuring web servers.
*Excellent communication skills -* both written and verbal*
*Local candidates strongly preferred.*
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org