Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an Oracle Developer / Analyst PL/SQL (10g or later) for a Contract to Hire opportunity in St. Louis Missouri.
Oracle Developer / Analyst
Design, implement and maintain projects and/or technology initiatives to ensure effective flow of information to stakeholders. Collaborate technically within a team of developers throughout the entire application life cycle: planning, analysis, designing, programming, testing and implementing existing and/or new systems. Develop customer relationships and serve as the point of contact for user support.
- Analyze user requirements, develop functional specifications and perform gap analysis of existing information systems.
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity.
- Identify and resolve problems in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to business partners and team members in the areas of functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex Oracle application systems.
- Develop low-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications as needed.
- Review/Approve detailed technical decisions and high and low level design documentation.
- Analyze existing systems and architectures for improvement recommendations.
- Ensures code quality, performs code reviews, and mentors development team members.
- Ensure users’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
- Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 – 8 years experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL (10g or later) and Oracle database (11g or later),
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
- Knowledge of structured and object oriented programming, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills with focused attention to detail
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with other IT associates and business users
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Good skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- 8+ years experience in programming/systems analysis
- Experience with Oracle Developer Suite (Forms/Reports 10g or higher)
- Experience with object oriented programming frameworks (ex. .NET C#, Java)
- Broad business and finance related knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Team Foundation Server (2010 or later), AIX/UNIX shell, Windows Server (2003 or later), MS SharePoint (2010 or higher), ServiceNow, MS Active Directory, XML Structures, and Toad
Knowledge of various open source tools and frameworks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org