Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a W2 Oracle PL/SQL Developer for a long term project.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
NO CORP to CORP
Location: O’Fallon, MO
Duration: 24-25 months with possible contract to hire
Team’s main responsibility:
Enterprise Data Solutions – Merchant Enrichment Services. We are doing scrubbing of transaction data that goes into the warehouse. Broad idea behind and that is to have a unique relationship between merchant that is in the data warehouse and the merchant in the real world (Walmart, kfc, taco bell)
Culture of your team:
Both heads down and collaborative. Sub group – This position will be dedicated to scrubbing. They are hard workers, lots of coding, collaborative sessions in the afternoon.
Typical work day:
This contractor will work on audit logs that has been assigned to them, go through their logs and creating rules to fix different issues (address incorrect, wrong character, something that will create a duplicate with an existing one) 11am – Run rules through validator (coding issues, anything like that) Starting at 1pm (collaborative work starts) Reviewed by senior people in group and thought process behind coding is correct approach and starting at 2pm group meeting where we share all rules and push into development environment so they can test it and they can push it to production one. Both development and production are in sync, there is no difference.
Years of experience: 1-3 years of experience
Top 3 required technical skills:
– Not an analyst job, this is a developer (unix, shell scripting, required)
– Oracle and SPL star plus
Desired/nice to have skills:
Kornshell (very obsolete), nice to have
Team work, since we are spending 1/2 of day in group meeting, problem solving (this candidate will face issues that are going to pop up and have to identify issue and find pattern and script and develop the solution to fix it)
Provides support of applications software through programming, testing, implementation, documenting and delivery of software solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
– Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with client standards, processes and best practices.
– Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
– Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
– Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
– Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks, perform production incident management. Participate in on-call pager support rotation.
– Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices. Follow client Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
– Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
– Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
– Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
Knowledge / Experience:
– Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
– Must demonstrate client Core Competencies.
– 1 to 3 years of experience in software engineering field.
– Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
– Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
– Strong communication skills -both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
– Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
All about the candidate:
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
– Experienced Software Engineer / Software Developer
– Unix Shell / KShell
– Oracle SQL Plus
Using some old technologies
Work on Requirements:
Will do part of analysis, needs to understand the data to apply a trend.
Communication on a day to day -Will be done internally in O’Fallon and sometimes in India is a possibility, but team and workload is in O’Fallon, MO. No interaction between IT practitioners.
Creating Rules – Run on Unix Server
Looking for a candidate on the developer side.
3 years minimum of experience, but more would be acceptable
Looking for s/w engineer /Developer with technical Skill Unix ,SQL ,PL/ sql using old technology and sql plus ,KShell
Doing scrubbing of data
Check the Duplicity of data and create rule to eliminate and aggregation of data
Scrubbing – bank issuing the credit card depend on ,cleaning out the data
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org