We are seeking a consultant with experience as a software engineer in C/C++ and Perl.
The consultant will provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project. You will also be developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented. Usually requires 5-10 years of previous experience.
The consultant will join the emerging field of IT systems informatics leveraging their data architecture expertise to play a key role in defining and delivering breakthrough science in high throughput R&D platforms for the client.
The consultant will develop and maintain scientific algorithms written in C/C++ and support enterprise-level Perl/Oracle applications. The candidate will work as part of a team comprised of a strategic scientist, scientific business analysts, and other members of the technical staff to develop software in C/C++, Perl and Oracle SQL. The consultant must also be able to work independently and drive towards solution. Excellent communication skills are a must to successfully interact with all members of the technical staff.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
The candidate must possess the following technical experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the US as a programmer/analyst in a scientific or technical environment.
· Minimum requirements include at least 6 years of C/C++ development focused on algorithms and performance optimization.
· Minimum 6 years experience with Perl (preferably in an object oriented environment).
· Knowledge of Test First Development methodology.
· In-depth knowledge of SQL and a good understanding of relational databases.
· Experience with operation in both Windows and Linux environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience with configuring and supporting Apache Mod Perl.
· Experience compiling and building software in a Linux/Unix environment.
· Experience in parallel processing environments such as computing grids.
· Experience with Subversion (SVN) for code management.
· Experience with Oracle.
· Experience using Test First Development methodology.
Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
· Functional Competency: Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional skills. Has the ability to perform at a high level of accomplishment and willingness to learn new technologies and practices. The ideal candidate will be a skilled, creative problem solver, independent of any specific technology.
· Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of others.
· Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
· Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org