Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an experienced and skilled Senior Project Manager. As a successful candidate for this role, you are trained to manage difficult situations, resolve conflict and gain consensus. Along with newer Agile project management techniques, you deploy an arsenal of industry standard tools and templates to assess, diagnose, plan and deliver high-quality project results. As a part of the team you will focus on helping companies across various industries to design a developmental roadmap, improve strategy and reduce costs.
Initial project will be Cisco to Skype phone system conversion for the new Wichita office building.
Overall, this Sr. PM will be managing a variety of projects over time so a well-rounded experience with infrastructure and systems projects is needed.
- Artifact creation, budget process, gate reviews, project planning, resource wrangling
- Have at least 10 years project management experience , including preparing presentation for project funding, etc
- At least 2 years prior consulting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with executive types
- Proactive approach to handling issues
- Confident on managing demanding stakeholders
- Infrastructure is not as critical as overall PM capabilities, think of Cisco experience as “nice to have”
Project Manager II (PMII)
Leadership – All items listed under the Leadership section for a PM I, plus the following:
- Lead a team consisting of 15 to 20+ people.
- Ability to Lead Management Consulting engagements
- Mentor less experienced project managers or those aspiring to move into the PM role.
- Handle difficult clients and stakeholder situations directly, representing in a professional
manner, and engaging EM, AM, and LOS, as necessary
Project Management – All activities listed in the Project Management Section for PM I, plus:
- Manage large projects and portfolios – (multi-year/multi-phase projects, budget $5M+, 3+ stakeholders)
- Ability to manage other non- client consultants
- Manage remote teams
- Manage 2 multi-year projects
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized business solutions and presentations.
- Responsible for project and quality of delivery from original concept through final implementation.
- Oversee cross-functional projects and exhibits understanding of critical cross module integration points.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, goals and scope to the teams.
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and
- Insure project deliverables are on time and on budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Clearly understands project roles and definition of each team member in order to effectively manage the
activities of the team.
- Implement software development life cycle procedures for team members, if not already in place.
- Mitigate project risks and manages issues.
- Provide reliable top-down and bottom-up estimates as is necessary.
- Exhibit excellence in all aspects of business and project management.
- Anticipate client needs and proposes appropriate solutions.
- Easily recognize areas for improvement and develops plans for implementation, when possible.
- Lend expertise to teams and task forces.
- Understand, comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized business solutions and presentations
- Possesses understanding of business and technical environments
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Drives organizational change, taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder
- Demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques, which appropriately define alternate
solutions, resolve conflicts, and create lasting productive partnerships with clients
- Actively participates in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects
Specific Line of Service (LOS) Knowledge may include
- Custom Application Development: Familiarity with current software development languages, basis OO
concepts, basic UML and basic understanding of current best practices. Expertise in the Rapid Process
Map (RPM) methodology.
- Business Intelligence: Can contribute in crafting BI solutions (e.g. BI Roadmaps). Has some familiarity to
data architecture and components (EDW, ETL, Reporting, etc.). Understanding of BI Methodology.
- ERP Integration: Familiarity with ERP tools. Expertise in ASAP.
4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science and Business-related studies.
8+ years of experience including demonstrated on-the-job leadership of people and projects.
*Successful Background Check & Drug Test are required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com