Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst / Solution Design resource.
The QA person will identify improvement needs in current testing methods and lead the effort in designing a solution to help satisfy the growing needs of the company. Work directly with department management to obtain necessary approvals along the way and subsequently present needs and solutions to management teams. Perform ongoing research of new or updated testing tool solutions. Lead effort in architecting the tool’s design, best practices and standards that will be utilized by the QA team. Create process documentation and provide training surrounding the tool’s use as necessary. Lead efforts in Alpha and Beta testing with clients. Develop test plans and cases to support requirements and acceptance criteria. Execute test cases/scripts and analyze results. Plan, develop and maintain automated test scripts. Work with Quality Assurance and Product Management departments to assure production readiness. Have the ability to work with a diverse team of healthcare professionals, product management, client services, and software development engineers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Quality Assurance Director.
The individual should have experience in the research and development of testing methods surrounding the different areas of the QA process. Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, this position’s main focus is to help identify gaps in the current testing process and help to design a plan that will help to resolve these gaps. This also includes researching new tools used in testing as well as updates to existing tools to determine if the current tools are still the best options for the QA teams. This individual’s time also focuses on the design, set up, best practices and standards used by the QA team regarding these tools. Documentation and training of the best practices and standards to the QA team as well as other individuals is required. Lead efforts in Alpha and Beta testing with clients.
In addition to the above focus areas, this individual participates in the testing efforts of the QA team. This may include the development of test plans, test case scenarios, assures requirements traceability and creates automation test scripts. They will work with the director of quality assurance as well as the engineering, infrastructure, data services and product management departments to implement and improve quality standards and processes. Interaction with Client Technical Services department will be necessary at times to help understand client needs. We are seeking someone with both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
1. Provide solutions regarding all areas of testing methods that could use modifications due to the changing needs of the company.
2. Present needs and solutions to the management team.
3. Research new testing tools or updates to existing testing tools and provide assessment to Director of Quality Assurance.
4. Lead effort to design the use of these tools as well as establish best practices and standards for their use.
5. Create documentation and provide training to others regarding the tools and testing method solutions.
6. Lead the efforts and communication with clients in Alpha and Beta testing.
7. Design, create, and maintain software test plans and scenarios based on technical specifications, business knowledge, and documentation, ensuring the developed software performs as detailed.
8. Coordinate and/or execute test execution cycle(s) and report defects or enhancements and evaluate the severity of the problem found using Microsoft Test Manager and Team Foundation System.
9. Validate that the system output accurately reflect business requirements as outlined in requirements and design documents.
10. Develop and maintain automated test scripts using HP Quick Test Pro or LoadRunner.
11. Report status of software testing.
12. Evaluate quality of software using software stability, user impact and project schedule as guides, ensuring management is kept abreast of issues throughout the testing cycle.
13. Recommend revisions and improvements to the testing and bug lifecycle processes.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
2 or 4 year degree from accredited college or university preferred.
Minimum 5-7 years of testing and business process experience or equivalent.
Individual must be extremely organized, have the ability to multitask and prioritize, communicate well within all levels of the organization, and be proficient with all areas of testing. Previous experience with database testing, manual and automated functional testing, performance testing, interface testing and services testing is preferred. Individual must have experience with testing tools and implementing these tools, preferably HP QC, QTP and LoadRunner. User must be proficient in SQL Server. Experience in Microsoft Test Manager and TFS preferred. Physician practice management applications experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with practicing physicians, clinical management, and clinical technical staff during Alpha and Beta testing.
- Knowledge and understanding of physician practice management, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Must be proficient in writing SQL queries using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have previous experience using and implementing testing tools, preferably HP QC, QTP and LoadRunner or Microsoft Test Manager.
- Previous experience with Microsoft TFS preferred.
- Understanding services and interface testing with previous experience preferred.
- Previous experience developing quality assurance methodologies and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities along with solid verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail, organization, decision-making, and self-administrative skills required.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise in software component/system integration evaluation and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of hardware components and accessories.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com