A member of a team that is responsible for verifying that our products operate as designed. Provides technical expertise in testing and product knowledge. Provides accurate estimates and reports of test progress. Writes Test Procedures and Test Plans. This is a ground-up effort where we are forming an automated Test team.
- Tests software releases during the product development.
- Reports test results and enters problems and issues into the bug database. Monitors and updates bug reports as needed including bug report closure.
- Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Development of test plans and test procedures.
- Completes assigned test-related tasks.
- Assists in the automation of relevant test procedures.
- Assists in review of test processes as they are developed.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem
- Able to methodically produce the steps which exhibit bugs in the product and be able to reproduce and communicate these steps.
- Shows initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to the testing of company products.
- Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing.
- Works well in a team environment and alone.
- Has ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
- Has ability to meet deadlines.
- Has strong communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- English: can read and write well enough to be able to communicate regarding software defects.
- Education: Bachelors degree in computer science or relevant experience.
- Experience: 1+ years testing computer software.
- Automated Testing experience
- Sufficient knowledge/experience working with Microsoft based operating system(s)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and the defect reporting process.
- Use of IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) automated testing tool
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org