Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Release Manager for a long term contract.
This position is responsible for technical planning and release management of software application solutions across multiple functional teams within the IT organization. The successful candidate will leverage strong organizational and interpersonal skills to bring together the right individuals to troubleshoot problems and improve processes. This position is responsible for driving issues to resolution by prioritizing, demonstrating persistence and follow-through.
Critical responsibilities include:
• Coordinate multi-functional projects both within the company and externally with other IT partners (e.g. partnering with stakeholders to build sequencing plan, etc.)
• Collaborate threshold testing and monitoring of application/server integrations, load, performance and availability-failover
• Create and maintain high availability preparedness plan(s), including application dependency analysis and overall landscape review
• Develop and execute detailed release plans (for both application and database) for the project team. Work collaboratively with other Technical Coordinators to develop release schedule across the organization
• Provide communication during application releases and escalate issues to appropriate team(s) for resolution
• Develop standard operating procedures for diagnosing and resolving production issues across IT
• Manage cross pipeline SWAT escalation / escalation / engagement through resolution
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or IT field
· Experience in cross team coordination and/or release management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to take general direction and drive to a solution
· Able to drive situations when challenged with ambiguity and aggressive timelines
· Self motivated
· Some off hour availability required
· Prior experience in a senior/lead application development role with Oracle and/or Java, Weblogic/JMS
· Demonstrated ability to lead by influence
· LEAN process training
Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
Functional Competency: Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional skills. Has the ability to perform at a high level of accomplishment and willingness to learn new technologies and practices. The ideal candidate will be a skilled, creative problem solver, independent of any specific technology.
Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of all team members.
Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com