Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an IBM iSeries Developer (RPG Programmer) for a permanent opportunity.
Our goal is to provide innovative, cutting edge software to our clients as part of our commitment to unparalleled service. To meet this goal, we develop our software solutions in an agile, dynamic environment and constantly strive to use the newest technologies.
The IBM iSeries Developer (RPG Programmer) reviews, analyzes, and modifies business systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale iSeries 740. Maintains and develops online and batch application programs. They will also work with project members to develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts. Follows approved life cycle methodologies and assists in quality assurance procedures for software development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has a wide degree of autonomy and the incumbent must have a wide degree of creativity. The individual in this position will be responsible for the following:
· Responsible for new development and enhancements for iSeries applications
· Analyzes mainframe applications to correct programming errors using key debugging skills and problem resolution procedures
· Interfaces with software development management, project teams, operations, and work side by side with business partners to assist with problem solving and project plan activities
· Works with project members to develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts
· Completes code reviews prior to production
· Assists with support of company products
· Maintains a high level of flexibility within a client centric environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· Education (at least one of the following):
o Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
o High school diploma (or equivalent) and 4 years of experience within the field of practice.
o 2-6 years of progressively more responsible work experience in development of systems in a mainframe environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com