SAP Business Analyst – Business Transformation Team
Business Analytics (BW)
Reporting to the Business Transformation Team Lead, the SAP business analyst will participate in a cross-functional, team environment as a key member of the implementation team responsible for implementation and support of SAP Business Warehouse applications using SAP ECC, BI and the Business Objects Suite.
This position is a core team member of the company SAP implementation initiative, Business Analytics team. This individual supports global design, realization, implementation and support of finance, controlling and planning applications using SAP BI and the Business Objects Suite.
The business analyst will partner with users and implementation partners to plan, conduct, and direct analysis of business problems to be solved within an SAP environment and work with technical team to translate business requirements into technical design specifications. The individual must maintain system integrity by following proper testing and documentation procedures using tools-based testing and transport systems. This includes unit, integration, and regression testing of configuration and programming changes. The position requires knowledge of all aspects of SAP BI. (SAP BW).
This role will provide support to the global super users and business process teams with major emphasis on SAP BI and Business Objects environment. This position requires resolving technical problems with all business warehouse reporting issues as well as managing the integration points with other SAP related modules. Act as a single contact point for problem management.
The business analyst will use approved company implementation methodology to ensure all design aspects are resolved by the assigned completion date, provide appropriate documentation to meet support requirements and coordinate development requests, acting as a single interface to the integration partner. This person will provide project management skills and manage relationships with internal/external customers, work with business process teams in a consulting role and serve as a primary point of contact to the IT organization.
At project end this role will become part of the company IT organization in a business analyst role reporting to the Director, Consulting Center of Excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Work with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and tools – and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes/tools
- Lead sessions in prototyping new procedures and systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes and systems in operating systems across the organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes and systems based on findings and analysis.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Create models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to programmers.
- Develop budgets and timeframes for changes in order to support company objectives.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes and systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed processes and systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
This position will be focused on various enterprise systems and associated processes, including:
· Business Analytics
· Supply Chain (Manufacturing/Distribution/Procurement)
· Transportation Management (Domestic/International)
Licensing & Certification
- Certifications not required, but preference for CBAP, Six Sigma Black Belt, PMP etc.
- Up to 50%, including regular travel to/from company area council, manufacturing and distribution sites. This percentage may vary during various ‘go-live’ periods of the project.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org