Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a SAP Business Support Analyst for a permanent full time opportunity.
The SAP business analyst will participate in a cross-functional, team environment as a key member of the COE (Center of Excellence) support team responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Application. Will support a custom software application which is utilized by 7 main business entities (approx. 50 business users throughout the US), but each business entity has different requirements / business operations based upon variables of differing supply characteristics, customers, demographic logistics, truck fleet ownership, government regulations. The software application was built using SAP technology and performs main functions of establishing and maintaining an accurate product supply (which has a very short shelf life and changes based upon weather conditions), taking orders, scheduling / rerouting of shipments and adjusting schedules based upon actual shipments.
The support will be a combination of problem solving issues and developing new enhancements within the current framework. As the application is 100% custom, an individual with a strong functional and some technical background is preferred; if the individual does not have a technical background, it is at least necessary to have a solid understanding of tables, keys, indexes, function module testing and be able to perform some level of debugging. It would also be necessary to have the following skills: thorough / detailed testing, excel vlookups, listening, documenting, organization, presenting solution ideas, demonstrating functionality.
The business analyst will partner with users and implementation partners to plan, conduct, and direct analysis of business problems to be solved within an SAP environment and work with the technical team to translate business requirements into technical design specifications. The individual must maintain system integrity by following proper testing and documentation procedures using tools-based testing and transport systems. This includes unit, integration, and regression testing of configuration and programming changes.
This role will provide support to the business super users and business process team members with major emphasis on the application. This position requires resolving technical problems with all application issues as well as managing the integration points with other SAP related modules, and will act as a single contact point for problem management.
The business analyst will use approved company implementation methodology to ensure all design aspects are resolved by the assigned completion date, provide appropriate documentation to meet support requirements and coordinate development requests. This person will manage relationships with internal/external customers, work with business process teams in a consulting role and serve as a primary point of contact for the IT organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and identify and resolve systems issues. Create models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to programmers.
· Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and systems, and other post-implementation support.
· Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes and systems in operating systems across the organization.
· Lead sessions in prototyping new procedures and systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
· Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications. Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes and systems.
· Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes and systems based on findings and analysis.
· Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications — verbally or through written documentation — to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
· Bachelors degree in the field of information technology or business administration.
· Minimum 5 years of business analyst related experience.
· Minimum 5 years experience in design and configuration in SAP SD.
· Two full cycles of an SAP implementation and production support preferred.
· Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
· Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
· Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and applications.
· Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
· Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
· Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
*Offer contingent upon a background check/drug test and verification of references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com