Reporting to the Business Transformation Program Manager the SAP security analyst will participate in a cross-functional, team environment as a key member of the implementation team responsible for implementation and support of all aspects of SAP security administration across the SAP ECC, Business Warehouse, Portal, Governance Risk & Compliance and Solution Manager landscapes.
This position is a core team member of the SAP implementation initiative. This individual supports global design, realization, implementation and support of the corporate SAP security model.
The security analyst will partner with implementation and consulting partners to design and implement the SAP security architecture in support of the corporate-wide SAP rollout. The security analyst will be responsible for architecting and integrating SAP software securely with other enterprise applications as well as the review of SAP access controls and access administration requirements.
At project end this role will become part of the company’s IT organization in a security analyst role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Work with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and tools – and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes/tools
- Lead sessions in prototyping new procedures and systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes and systems in operating systems across the organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of security models for new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes and systems based on findings and analysis.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develop budgets and timeframes for changes in order to support company objectives.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Bachelor degree in the field of information technology or business administration
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of security analyst related experience
- 3 – 5 years experience in design and configuration of security in ECC, Portal, BW
- Two full cycles of an SAP security implementation and production support preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in SAP ECC 6.0 or higher
- Experience with Solution Manager and Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) preferred
- Demonstrated interaction with internal/external auditors for the purpose of information gathering to support compliance requests and recommendations
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Licensing & Certification
- Certifications not required, but preference for CBAP, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.
- SAP security certification preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Operate in an office environment
- On-call availability and periodic overtime.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Up to 10%, including travel to/from organization’s area council, manufacturing and distribution sites. This percentage may vary during various ‘go-live’ periods of the project.
Scope (budget, number of employees, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com