Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Applied Statistician for a long term contract.
The consultant will have experience analyzing and interpreting data from various sources. In this role you will compile reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods.
Job responsibilities include the ability to work with senior scientists and engineers in existing and newly developed processes for the sole purpose of using statistics to accurately determine the quality, accuracy, and precision of data in our measurements and processes.
The consultant should have a solid knowledge base in applied statistics, data interrogation and modeling data for research and production use. In this position the consultant will also provide insight into data trends and correlations with processes.
Consultant must be extremely self motivated and possess excellent people interaction and communication skills. Requires a PhD or a graduate degree with 3 – 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
The contract statistician will provide analytical support to the team on our environmental modeling efforts as well as manage and QC temporal/spatial data layers (e.g., weather, soil), phenotypic data, and other meta-data. The candidate will actively collaborate with in-house statisticians and clients to develop and implement novel spatial and predictive models.
1) Master’s or PhD degree required with emphasis in Mathematics, Statistics, engineering or Computational Biology
2) Strong programming experience with R
3) Experience with geostatistics and/or spatial statistics, machine learning techniques, and multivariate statistical methods such as clustering and principle component analysis
4) Good communication skills
5) Working knowledge of basic statistical modeling approaches such as experimental design, regression, and classification
1) Experience with SAS/SPSS/Matlab
2) Experiences with GIS analytical software such as ArcGIS and GRASS.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org