The Analyst is responsible for working with customers and end users to define and document functional requirements and scope of IT projects, and supporting the functional design process. The analyst will have the ability to learn the business functionality of multiple systems on different platforms. Works with members of the business community and collaborates with other technical team members. Must communicate effectively with internal customers and ensure that customer expectations are properly managed.
1. Analysis. Perform business analysis for major IT systems. Work with user community and programming staff to define the scope of new service requests and projects. Research, identify and clearly document functional needs.
2. Functional design documentation. Deliver informative, well-organized requirements to stakeholders for acceptance. Develop specifications for communication and use by programmers
3. Project Execution. Work with project teams to ensure quality throughout the pre-development life-cycle, including identification of software defects.
4. Report generation. Perform system reporting using Cognos and/or AS/400 query function and service request database to support the user community and gain more in depth knowledge of data structures to aid in system and service request analysis.
5. Manage Inbound Service Requests. Actively review database entries and prioritize requests with functional department managers. Maintain current status and activity of service requests in the request database. Comply with Sarbannes Oxley standards.
6. Customer relations. Conduct process review meetings, take input from manager and appropriately apply comments/feedback. Moderate meetings with project teams to ensure that customer expectations are properly managed.
7. Ongoing professional development. Pursues continuing education opportunities in business analysis and industry subjects.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Works well with business partners in identifying business requirementsÂ
- Works well in a team environment; interacts well with a variety of personality typesÂ
- Ability to design an develop solutions to meet customer requirementsÂ
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interviewing and facilitation skills
- Responsive to users (customer service orientation)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- College degree, or four years relevant experience plus 2 years industry experience
- Possess and understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Knowledge of SQL, Cognos business intelligence tools and AS/400 environment a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org