Please supply a Requirements Document and Functional Specification sample for a System Enhancement. Anyone who is not willing to produce one or create one will not be considered for the position.
Basic Purpose: The Business Analyst is responsible for working with customers, end users, developers and other IT staff to system enhancements and modifications for projects that impact IT. The Business Analyst will work with all levels of Management within IT and the Business community, as well as internal and external customers. Effective communication skills are a must so that the Business Analyst can appropriately facilitate meetings and be able to set and manage the customers’ expectations.
1. Analysis. Perform business analysis for major IT systems. Work with user community
and development staff to define the scope of new system enhancements and projects.
Analyze, identify and clearly document the functional requirements of the customer.
2. Functional Specification Documentation. Deliver informative, well-organized Functional Specifications including Use Cases and Screen Mock-ups to effectively communicate the functionality being requested to both the customer and the development team.
3. Project Execution. Assists in supporting project deadlines and schedules. Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback. Communicates and applies project standards. Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
4. Testing Support. Leads testing efforts for assigned Service Requests and Production Defects. Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. Works with customers to identify required changes and communicates needed changes to development team.
5. Communication. Facilitates customer meetings effectively. Delivers informative, well-organized presentations. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
6. Manage Assigned Service Requests. Actively work assigned Service Requests and maintains current status on SharePoint. Comply with Sarbanes Oxley standards as appropriate.
7. Ongoing Professional Development. Pursues continuing education opportunities in Business Analysis and industry subjects as available.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
· College degree or relevant experience
· 5-10 years strong Business Analysis background required
· Test Case Writing and Test Execution experience
· Possess and understanding in the areas of application development, database and system design
· Knowledge of SQL, Business Intelligence tools and AS/400 environment a plus
· Insurance background a plus
· CRM experience a plus
· Data Warehouse experience a plus
· Solid understanding of Requirements elicitation and documentation and Functional Specification design with Use Case’s
· Generates enthusiasm among team members.
· Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
· Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
· Manages the process of innovative change.
· Facilitates effective team interaction.
· Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
· Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
· Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
· Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
· Manages client expectations effectively.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org