Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Engineer for a permanent role.
The Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Engineer position must have knowledge and wide-ranging experience with Microsoft SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS). In addition a successful candidate will have experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems. This role is responsible for design and development of reports, dashboards and ad-hoc queries, and calls for someone who is comfortable working with clients as well as state and federal agencies to discover requirements, then formulate them into solutions.
We are looking for an individual with a positive, can-do attitude who can to adapt to a changing environment. We are in the midst of building our next-generation product while undergoing an agile transformation. This will require critical thinking skills as it relates to software that is “emergent”.
· Design, build and maintain data marts and cubes using SSAS
· Design and develop reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
· Deploy, maintain and generate reports from a data warehouse
· Capable of gathering requirements from clients and agencies, understanding the user’s requirement and converting requirements into functional/technical specifications and developing a strategy for designing and building Business Intelligence solutions.
· Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs
· Publish and integrate reports into Microsoft SharePoint
· Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure intelligence is consistent with defined needs
· Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions
· Maintain library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge assets
· Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards or other tools
· Create working prototypes for our sales team to use as demonstrations for potential clients
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn quickly
· Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment
· 3+ years of combined experience in data warehousing/business intelligence/analytics and reporting systems
· 3+ years’ experience with MS SQL Analysis Services (SSAS)
· 3+ years’ experience developing reports in MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & Visual Studio
· 1+ year of MS SharePoint experience
· 1+ year of experience with MS SQL Integration Services (SSIS)
· 1+ year of ETL scripting experience
· Experience with data warehouse creation desirable, but not required
· Experience with Crystal Reports and have the ability to interact and analyze existing reports
· Knowledge of MS SQL Profiler, query execution plans and SQL tuning techniques
· Experience building and executing sufficient tests of developed solutions
· Preferred candidate will have basic programming experience and working knowledge of software development tools including: VB.Net, Visual Basic 6, ASP, C#, Power Pivot, Visual Studio
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org