Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer for a permanent full time role in St. Louis, Missouri
The key skills required for this position are: strong experience with TSQL and SSAS. If you are light in these areas, this position will not be a good fit for you, as these are the two main skills the candidate must be advanced in.
The environment for this client is Agile/Scrum. This role is responsible for design and development of reports, dashboards and ad-hoc queries, and calls for someone who is comfortable working with clients as well as state and federal agencies to discover requirements, then formulate them into solutions.
· Must strong TSQL skills – no getting around this – will be grilled heavily on TSQL
· Must be interested in learning the BI stack and willing to put in the time and effort to learn.
· Design, build and maintain data marts and cubes using SSAS.
· Design and develop reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
· Deploy, maintain and generate reports from a data warehouse.
· Capable of gathering requirements from clients and agencies, understanding the user’s requirement and converting requirements into functional/technical specifications and developing a strategy for designing and building Business Intelligence solutions.
· Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
· Publish and integrate reports into Microsoft SharePoint.
· Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
· Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
· Maintain library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge assets.
· Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards or other tools.
· Create working prototypes for our sales team to use as demonstrations for potential clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
· 3+ years’ experience with TSQL (this is required)
· 3+ years’ experience with MS SQL Analysis Services (SSAS)
· 3+ years’ experience developing reports in MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & Visual Studio
· 3+ years of combined experience in data warehousing/business intelligence/analytics and reporting systems
· 1+ year of MS SharePoint experience
· 1+ year of experience with MS SQL Integration Services (SSIS)
· 1+ year of ETL scripting experience
· Experience with data warehouse creation desirable, but not required
· Experience with Crystal Reports and have the ability to interact and analyze existing reports
· Knowledge of MS SQL Profiler, query execution plans and SQL tuning techniques
· Experience building and executing sufficient tests of developed solutions
· Preferred candidate will have basic programming experience and working knowledge of software development tools including: VB.Net, Visual Basic 6, ASP, C#, Power Pivot, Visual Studio
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn quickly
Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org