Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Engineer (Storage & Data Protection) for a contract to hire role.
This is a remote(telecommute) role which requires a current/active Security Clearance.
Position Description & Requirements
GEO Storage Backup Lead Resource Requirements
Looking for a Lead Enterprise Storage and Data Protection Senior Engineer with design and O&M support experience. Responsible for managing the storage and backup teams. Experienced in designing and operating multi-platform enterprise storage and data protection solutions within a Virtualized Infrastructure. The multifaceted storage and backup architecture uses both physical and virtual server hosting on-prem and in the cloud, off-site data replication, service level storage solutions and monitoring and managing backup solutions.
Our selected candidate will be equally versed in storage and backup technologies and will demonstrate clear leadership traits. While looking for experience with both NetApp and EMC, it should be understood that EMC will be phased out and NetApp the go forward technology for storage.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication are a must, as well as being able to manage challenging stakeholders and sponsors at all levels of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to compose and brief senior management on current issues, projects and future enhancements, in variety of delivery methods, to include: Executive Summary, capacity forecasting, project plans, Root Cause Analysis, After action reports, Acceptance of Risk
- Advanced knowledge of NetApp Storage Area Network Filers and associated Storage Systems including SAN design/build engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of EMC Storage – vBlock, VNX, VMAX, etc.)
- Experienced with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate)
- Experienced with management/monitoring tools (DataFabricManager (DFM), Performance Manager, SolarWinds, System Manager, OnCommand)
- Knowledge in storage and backup cloud Computing technologies (ONTAP Cloud, GlacierS3, vRA, AWS, AltaVault)
- Versed in virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix, Steel Fusion (Design, Build, Operate).
- Enterprise backup/recovery operations utilizing EMC Networker with EMC Data Domain appliances, Cohesity, Catologic,
- Supporting backup/recovery of various platforms including Unix (Solaris/Linux), VMware, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows, and Oracle Database using RMAN.
- Knowledge configuring & supporting external NetApp storage solution for backups/secondary storage of HCI
- Developing, maintaining, and executing business continuity plans for disaster recovery.
1.2 Position Details:
- Labor Category: Subject Matter Expert (Master)
- Type: Full-Time; temp to perm
- Clearance: Public-Trust; DHS clearable
- This is a remote work assignment; however the candidate must be located in the US.
- Candidate(s) located in the Bossier City, LA area are a plus
- Telework= Yes
1.5 Technical Skills/Requirements
- Bachelors with 10+ years experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Experience with information technology network design and/or operations with progressive professional growth in duties and responsibilities is required.
- Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Strong scripting skills (i.e. Perl, Unix Shells, etc.)
- Knowledge or Training on blade compute platforms from CISCO or HP
- Knowledge or Training on Storage clusters, Fiber Channel and NFS protocol.
- Large scale Microsoft Active Directory deployment and maintenance.
- Knowledge of multiple Operating Systems including Oracle Solaris, RedHat Linux, and Windows.
LAN/WAN networking experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and disaster recovery systems. (i.e. Networker, Catologic, Cohesity, VEAM)
- Data migration experience.
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN’s, switching, and routing
- Knowledge of fiber channel SAN’s and Ethernet networks.
- -Security +
- -CISSP preferred
- -NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN Specialist
- -VMware Certified Professional 5.5 or higher
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com