Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Level Java Developer for a long term project.
This position works directly with scientists to develop software platforms that enable these research and development efforts. The accepted candidate will join the emerging field of IT systems informatics leveraging their technical expertise to play a key role in defining and delivering breakthrough science in high throughput R&D platforms for the organization.
The successful candidate will work with the Team within the organization to develop and maintain enterprise-level solutions utilizing service oriented, web, and mobile technologies. The candidate will work on a team utilizing the Scrum methodology. This will involve working closely with scientific business analysts, testers, customer advocates, and project managers.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
The candidate must possess the following technical experience:
• Minimum requirements include at least 6-10 years of full time experience as a programmer/analyst in a scientific or technical environment.
• Proficiency in Java.
• Minimum 5 years experience working with any Object Oriented language (ex. Java, C#, Scala, Ruby).
• Experience with web services (SOAP/REST) for multi-tier applications.
• Experience with and able to explain the value of professional software engineering concepts including Test First Development, Refactoring, and Design Patterns.
• Experience with and knowledge of some high level GO4 design patterns (above and beyond J2EE patterns).
• Experience with object-relational mapping technologies (ex. Hibernate).
• Experience with an inversion-of-control framework such as Spring.
• Experience with an automated unit testing tool such as JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, ScalaTest, or RSpec.
• Understand and be able to explain the value of using Test First Development methodology.
• A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed as well as a willingness to do collaborative software development is necessary.
• Experience with Test First Development methodology.
• Experience with Maven.
• Experience with Web Services.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are highly desired.
• Ability to work in an Agile team environment (i.e. Scrum).
• Experience working with Open Source technologies, and ideally having contributions to the Open Source community.
• Optionally, these skills while not required, would be highly desired.
• Mobile experience, especially around iOS.
• Big Data experience (i.e. Hadoop).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com