Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Java/Web Developer for a permanent role or a 3 month contract to hire.
This position is responsible for developing computer software for purposes of implementing and operating enterprise level web site applications which support client services for incentive, travel and Ecommerce products.
· Understand and translate product and business requirements into workable IT solutions while adhering to the agreed upon specifications.
· Design, develop, implement & support web applications to meet business and technical requirements.
· Develop B2B and B2C incentive and Ecommerce web applications.
· Develop code in consideration of future proofing and re-usability value.
· Interact with other technical staff and IT management to explore and suggest strategic technical solutions.
· Take responsibility for comprehensive unit and functional test coverage to ensure the quality of written code.
· Demonstrate professional effectiveness by embracing challenging deadlines and change; approach complex problem solving with motivation and commitment.
· Deliver project work including new features and functionalities in a time manner.
· Maintain currency of technical expertise and explore opportunities to add value to IT operations.
o 7+ years of demonstrated ability to develop B2B and B2C Java and web applications on web, application and database tiers.
o Ability to apply analytical skill and structured thinking to simplify complex IT problems into component parts and work toward the resolution of programming challenges.
o Ability to take a proactive approach and apply tenacity in work assignments.
o Ability to multi-task projects in a fast paced environment.
o Ability to mentor new developers and provide technical training.
o Effective interpersonal demeanor and communication skills which enable effective working relationships with other software developers, application and data architects, business analysts and other business partners.
o Possess thorough knowledge of and experience with the following:
JBoss application server
Oracle SQL, Toad
Relational database design
Source control tools such as Subversion
Adobe graphics tools: Photoshop, Flash & Illustrator
o Possess a professional understanding of:
Testing tools and methodology
Java design patterns and best practices
Jaguar application server
o B.S. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related technical field.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org