Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior MongoDB Database Administrator.
Candidate will have other database technologies as an experienced engineer. We expect the candidate to be able to mentor junior or lower levels engineers and drive initiatives
MongoDB Database Administrator
The ideal candidate will have development experience, working knowledge of and experience administering various database technologies, and Linux server administration. Experience with database administration task automation a big plus.
In this role, this person will collaborate with the MongoDB DBA team and its internal customers to deliver an enterprise-level database backend for top-tier applications in development. The DBA team will architect, deploy, maintain, and monitor the MongoDB environment, providing data assurance to its users. In addition, this person will need to be prepared to create viable solutions to organizational needs while working in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Manage and maintain MongoDB database servers in development and production environments
– Design and implement redundancy and fail-over strategies
– Monitor and tune database performance
– Design and implement backup/restoration strategies per data retention requirements
– Mentor junior team members to develop talent on the MongoDB team
– Provide insight to team leadership regarding
– Diagnose and resolve production issues as part of an on-call rotation
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
– Development experience with one or more modern scripting languages (Python, Ruby, NodeJS, etc.)
– Experience with database performance, scaling, and tuning concepts
– Experience administering NoSQL database technologies (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
– Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise-wide
– Strong interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation, and prioritization skills
– Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
– Proven track record of implementing small changes that have measurable impact
– Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org