Cycle3 IT Staffing is looking for several experienced Senior Project Manager II for a permanent full time roles in Bloomington, MN.
Project Manager II (PMII)
Leadership – All items listed under the Leadership section for a PM I, plus the following:
- Lead a team consisting of 15 to 20+ people.
- Mentor less experienced project managers or those aspiring to move into the PM role.
- Handle difficult clients and stakeholder situations directly, representing the company in a professional manner, and engaging EM, AM, and LOS, as necessary
Project Management – All activities listed in the Project Management Section for PM I, plus:
- Manage large projects and portfolios – (multi-year/multi-phase projects, budget $5M+, 3+ stakeholders)
- Manage other non-company consultants / contractors / employees
- Manage remote teams
- Manage 2 or more large or complex multi-year projects
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of Agile practices and frameworks.
- Able to serve as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, Product Manager or Release Train Engineer on Agile teams.
- Demonstrate ability to coach Agile teams in the adoption of Agile practices and frameworks.
- Develop business cases for project justification
- Perform project rescue for efforts that are off schedule, challenged by deliverables, presenting poor quality, etc.
- Perform Results Delivery Assurance (RDA) assessments
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized business solutions and presentations.
- Drive project execution and quality of delivery from original concept through final implementation.
- Oversee cross-functional projects and exhibits understanding of critical cross module integration points.
- Communicate project expectations, goals and scope to the teams.
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and business sponsors.
- Insure project deliverables are on time and on budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Understand project roles and definition of each team member in order to effectively manage the activities of the team.
- Implement software development life cycle procedures for team members, if not already in place.
- Mitigate project risks and manages issues.
- Provide reliable top-down and bottom-up estimates as is necessary.
- Exhibit excellence in all aspects of business and project management.
- Anticipate client needs and proposes appropriate solutions.
- Recognize areas for improvement and develops plans for implementation, when possible.
- Lend expertise to teams and task forces.
- Understand, comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized business solutions and presentations
- Possesses understanding of business and technical environments
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Drives organizational change, taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities
- Demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques, which appropriately define alternate solutions, resolve conflicts, and create lasting productive partnerships with clients
- Actively participates in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects
Specific Line of Service (LOS) Knowledge may include
- Application Development: Familiarity with current software development languages, basis OO concepts, basic UML and basic understanding of current best practices. Expertise in the Rapid Process Map (RPM) methodology and/or Agile software development practices.
- Business Intelligence: Can contribute in crafting BI solutions (e.g. BI Roadmaps). Has some familiarity to data architecture and components (EDW, ETL, Reporting, etc.). Understanding of company BI Methodology.
- Business Analysis: Able to serve as a Business Analyst (BA) or support BA-related activities such as requirements elicitation and analysis, use case and user story definition.
- Large package software / ERP: Experience with large package software implementations, such as ERP solutions, content management, etc.
- Infrastructure Implementation: Familiarity with ITIL and/or ITSM, and the ability to manage complex infrastructure efforts.
4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science and Business-related studies.
Agile framework certification preferred; Certified Scrum Master or similar.
Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
8+ years of experience including demonstrated on-the-job leadership of people and projects.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com